What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by dste » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 am

^^Have you not played the GBA games?

If not you really should.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 am

Ratchet and Clank a crack in time. Really enjoyable adventure platformer. Decent graphics, varied gameplay (although a bit too much shooting), imaginative weapons, nice story and good humour. I'll definitely pick up some more of these games.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:30 am

Wario: Master Of Disguise on the DS.

I thought it had interesting gameplay mechanics at first but by the time I got to the end of the game I actually hated it. It was basically full of enforced touch screen/mic gimmickry that ruined the game, was uncomfortable to play (as you have to hold the stylus all the time), had a couple of ridiculously long levels and obscure puzzles and way too many samey and repetitive minigames that it forces you to play every single time you open a chest. :evil:

Suzak Games (who developed it) should never be allowed to make anything ever again.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:02 pm

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:Wario: Master Of Disguise on the DS.
I hear you brother.

I'm on the last level but cannot progress as I missed the level up for the flying suit (was it a bat or something) and I really cannot be bothered to go back and search for it. Been sitting like that for a few months now and I do kind of want to finish it with being on the last level but have no actual desire to.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:29 pm

dste wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:Wario: Master Of Disguise on the DS.
I hear you brother.

I'm on the last level but cannot progress as I missed the level up for the flying suit (was it a bat or something) and I really cannot be bothered to go back and search for it. Been sitting like that for a few months now and I do kind of want to finish it with being on the last level but have no actual desire to.
I found the whole second half of the game to be a massive slog to be honest, it was only the fact that I wanted to see how the storyline turned out that kept me going. I very nearly threw the 3DS across the room at one point fighting the boss in that weird haunted castle full of dolphin people because the hit detection seemed so unfair and dodgy on it. :evil: As for the last stage, I was utterly confused by it at one point and had to consult a guide on gamefaqs....not normally something I like doing, but I didn't really feel as though I was cheating because of how badly and obscurely designed some parts of it are.

At least I can mark it off my 'games to be played' list now. I doubt I'll ever bother playing it again or go back to look for the hidden treasures for 100% completion though....something I've always loved doing with the other Wario games. At least Wario Land 1-4 and Wario Land: The Shake Dimension are still well worth going back to i suppose.

chrisgoodhead

Post by chrisgoodhead » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Super Ghouls and Ghosts - using many restore points... Obviously!

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:43 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:I very nearly threw the 3DS across the room at one point fighting the boss in that weird haunted castle full of dolphin people because the hit detection seemed so unfair and dodgy on it. :evil:
Was that the Dolphin boss that leapt over you which you had to defeat over three rooms as that one pi**ed me right off.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:21 pm

dste wrote:^^Have you not played the GBA games?

If not you really should.
I have a pirate cart of Metroid Fusion around somewhere. Though as the cart turned out to be a fake it put me off playing it, I still might though. Zero Mission sounds like the one to really play, tempted to hunt down a cart of that though i expect it will probably be 3DS download for a fraction of the price at some point.

You were right though, Super Metroid was a quality game. I did end up running round intcircles a bit exploring, trying to work out whaa I had missed, I finished the game in about 22 hours which I gather is a bit overlong. :oops:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:59 am

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:28 am

dste

Post by dste » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Finished off the last case on Ace Attorney today, cracking game with the fourth case being my favourite due to the tension.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:45 pm

dste wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:I very nearly threw the 3DS across the room at one point fighting the boss in that weird haunted castle full of dolphin people because the hit detection seemed so unfair and dodgy on it. :evil:
Was that the Dolphin boss that leapt over you which you had to defeat over three rooms as that one pi**ed me right off.
Yep. :evil:

It was the second room of the three that made me really angry....you have to hit it with the Genius Disguise boxing glove, to send it spinning over to the other side of the room, and then hit it again to damage it....but you have to wait a moment until it lands and bounces once, otherwise it doesn't detect you've hit it. And of course, if you accidentally slip off the platform into the water, you get dragged straight out of the room and likely have to restart the battle all over again. :evil: Hardest boss fight in the game, easily. :evil:

Like I said, I honestly don't think Suzak should be allowed to develop any games again, ever. It makes Artoon's Yoshi's Island DS look like a masterpiece of game design by comparison, and that's another game that had me cursing and swearing towards the end.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:01 pm

God of Thunder (PC)

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 am

X-Com : Enemy Unknown on the PC. I am going to try out the "Slingshot" DLC for it tonight.