What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

snowkatt

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by snowkatt » Mon May 27, 2013 7:16 am

lego star wars
after buying another copy
my orginal copy kept hanging at level 3 and 4 of episode 2 so i spend a few euro on another used copy which did allow me to finish
episode 3 was rather short
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 am

Dragons Dodma Dark Arisen who I thought was the last boss wasn't.. The bit after that in the Ever Well(or whatever it was called) was so annoying all the big Monster fights like the Hydra and the Health regenerating Chimera's.. Finally got 20 Wakestones and the true last boss was very easy, still don't fully understand the ending, or why it carry on without you being able to do anything until your forced to stab yourself with the Gods bane.. Brilliant game couldn't put it down
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:33 pm

space harrier

Mancman

Post by Mancman » Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Max Payne 3 and I have to say I really, really enjoyed every minute of it.

Quite surprised I was!

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue May 28, 2013 8:42 am

Flower: Beautiful charming game, very original, loved it. One of this games of this gen everyone should try at some point.

Modnation racers: An ok kart game, nice controls, falls into the usual cheating AI traps every other game in the genre suffers from. Could have been much better but worth a play.

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Tue May 28, 2013 10:11 am

Megamixer wrote:Michigan: Report From Hell (PS2). Got each of the reporters to the end but didn't bother going for all the different endings as some are just ridiculous to achieve. The 'Immoral' one for example needs you to boost your Immoral score on each level by repeatedly ramming into walls (ramming walls increases your Immoral rating for some reason) before speed-running the remainder of the level. The 'Erotic' ending can only be realistically gained by spending a large part of each level with the camera pointed up the reporter's skirt until enough points are accumulated.

Couldn't be bothered with any of that so just Youtube'd the endings I hadn't seen. Great game though. Weird and unique but great all the same.
If you like Michigan Report you'll love Deadly Premonitions, its dirt cheap for the 360 now, such an awesome gane

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue May 28, 2013 12:30 pm

RUOK wrote:If you like Michigan Report you'll love Deadly Premonitions, its dirt cheap for the 360 now, such an awesome gane
Don't have a 360 but I have an eye on the PS3 version :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

fouldsc

Post by fouldsc » Tue May 28, 2013 4:30 pm

GTA IV - thought I best get around to it before GTA V comes out!

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Tue May 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Just finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (360) & Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) over the weekend

DKCR is one of the hardest games I've every played, I honestly don't think anyone would be able to 100% it, its that hard!
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Thu May 30, 2013 4:39 am

Just finished Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode without using a dollar bill machine. I feel like a censored boss.

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu May 30, 2013 5:49 am

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U. Personally I loved the ending, but I wasn't as invested in the franchise as some (I bought the first two cheap on PC but only played the first one for a few hours and never touched the second one).

It's made me think about going back and replaying the whole series but I'm not sure that isn't too big an undertaking (90 odd hours, I'd guess) plus my PC is too weedy for 3 and I can't get 1 or 2 for Wii U so I'd have to play the trilogy across both formats, obviously meaning I can't play the same character from beginning to end. How feasible would it be to play the first two and then replicate my character from those in the third one using that interactive comic thing?

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 am

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Velvet Assassin 360 3 achievements short of 1000g as I missed one letter and therefore lost the find all letters, Maxed out all stars, and get all collectable achievements.. Can't be bother to go through it again maybe one for the Random Niceness Thread

House of the Dead 4 re-downloaded this and it finally extracted, finished the main game and a extra bit unlocks.. How the hell do you bet Magician when it tells you to shoot the box? Shot it non stop and still a few hundred Magicians pop up
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Syndicate 360

Hummmm, I was expecting something a bit crap and this turned out to be fairly decent, bit short with loads of set pieces and stupid "tap X to do this" bits

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Finished Super Metroid this afternoon, 82 % items found.

This was my first proper 2D Metroid play and since playing the Prime Games first I probably wasn't blown away by Super Metroid's gameplay as I would have been if I played it before Prime etc. However after a unsure start I really enjoyed it, and can totally understand why its's regarded as a classic by so many people.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823