What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

englebert3rd

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by englebert3rd » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Far Cry 3 on PC, completed 90% of it and I've really enjoyed the game. It felt more like Far Cry, such as stuck in an hostile tropical island rather than a boring monotone African one.
One of the best games of 2012 to be honest.
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev

dste

Post by dste » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:07 pm

SexyWayne wrote:Arkham Asylum on 360... really enjoyed it, I finished with 80 odd % completion.. not sure if I wanna go for the 100% yet.. depends if it unlocks anything
I don't believe that it unlocks anything in the game, just an achievement.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

killbot

Post by killbot » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Finished Arkham Asylum on PC, then launched straight into City on the Wii U which I finished tonight. Both great, but if pressed I probably preferred the atmosphere and storyline of the first game.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 pm

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 am

Bioshock Infinite.

I don't even know where to begin with the ending sequence! I just sat there with my jaw on the floor the whole time.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:14 am

Joey wrote:Bioshock Infinite.

I don't even know where to begin with the ending sequence! I just sat there with my jaw on the floor the whole time.
Same.

I hated the game for the first portion and very nearly gave up on it. I'm glad I didn't. The final boss fight is pretty brutal though, and probably the most frustrating I've ever experienced in a game alongside that boss in Xenoblade that's surrounded by pools of acid.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Tomb Raider (new), really enjoyed that though why last boss fights are so lame these days I don't know. Still, was fun while it lasted!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Duke Nukem 3D - i've never played this before and got stuck early on gave up but returned to it recently and finished it.i struggled on quite a few levels because of difficulty but breezed through others like the football field boss was very easy.

i played it with the hi-res pack so it looks very good,overall it is very good but i was getting motion sickness a little if i played it too long.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:24 am

Quake 4 - blew through it on easy for the simple reason that the completion achievements don't stack, forcing you to play on every difficulty. Certainly showing its age, but it is nice to play a proper run n'gun FPS with a health bar, jump button and multiple weapons. The big twist is that halfway through you get transformed into a Strogg (I don't count it as a spoiler if it tells you this in the manual and attract sequence) but ultimately it makes very little difference to how the game plays, which feels like a missed opportunity. Shame the 360 conversion isn't very good, with absolutely horrendous framerate drops at times. I also have to mention the online achievements - play 5000 ranked matches? Get to number one on the global leaderboards? ID were really taking the censored with those ones.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Fear Effect (PS1) - Used a few cheats towards the end of disc 3 as it was getting too tough to enjoy. Made it through most of the last disc before needing more cheats and used invincibility/infinite ammo to wipe the final boss out. Usually I'd feel guilty about this kind of thing but I was playing for the superb story and game design so I didn't want cheap deaths, clunky controls and awkward boss battles to ruin the experience. Anyway, it was an excellent game and I have the sequel ready to go :)

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (Jaguar) - Okay, so I only beat it on 'normal' which means I didn't see all of the opponents but I had enough trouble with that! :lol: . A pretty solid 1-on-1 fighter with great music that isn't incredible but was also much better than I thought it would be.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Stargate (SNES)

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Tomb Raider... Enjoyed it, great production, fun great graphics... Bit short...

I do understand some of the negative comments on here about it, the signposting to solutions, the "press x to win" moments (very CoD can we stop doing this please?) ....

So enjoyable, glad I played it, but not as outstanding as the reviews told us it was...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Shame the 360 conversion isn't very good, with absolutely horrendous framerate drops at times. I also have to mention the online achievements - play 5000 ranked matches? Get to number one on the global leaderboards? ID were really taking the censored with those ones.
You've got to cut the devs a bit of slack with those Achievements IMO. Quake 4 was among the first few games on the 360 and the concept of Achievements was brand spanking new. They really hadn't got a clue at that point. The Quake 2 disc that came with it had Achievements with no gamerscore. It seems so long ago and from a much more innocent time! lol. The Quake 2 disc is the only reason I still have a copy of the game.

The framerate drops were definitely astonishing at times. They're not the worst I've seen on the 360 (Earth Defense Force: 2017 takes the crown with Two Worlds also having its moments) but I forgive the game for being on the system so early doors and giving me something to play besides Hexic, Kameo and PGR4 until Call Of Duty 2 sorted out its online issues.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:45 pm