What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

snowkatt

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by snowkatt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 pm

i played that
decent game but the crap motion controls made me wish it was ported to the 360 or ps3
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Brutal Legend - looks great and of course the soundtrack is awesome (no Iron Maiden or Metallica though). Blending hack n slash with RTS is an interesting idea, but I could never get into the latter portions. I just couldn't get the hang of ordering units around, if they even bothered to obey you at all. I just played through on the lowest difficulty to get those bits out the way and enjoy it more for the experience and soundtrack

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. A very enjoyable game which I finished earlier tonight. Pretty easy, but that's the way I like 'em. :P

KM*

Post by KM* » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 am

Ghosts 'n' Goblins on the NES.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 am

Negative Creep wrote:Brutal Legend - looks great and of course the soundtrack is awesome (no Iron Maiden or Metallica though). Blending hack n slash with RTS is an interesting idea, but I could never get into the latter portions. I just couldn't get the hang of ordering units around, if they even bothered to obey you at all. I just played through on the lowest difficulty to get those bits out the way and enjoy it more for the experience and soundtrack
I loved the world of Brutal Legend. One of the few games I actually bothered getting all the collectables, more as an excuse to explore the world and listen to the amazing soundtrack (I was also a bit gutted at the lack of Iron Maiden in the soundtrack). I really didn't like the RTS stuff though, it never felt like it worked when I played it, to many things mapped to buttons that weren't explained properly and as a result I could never get my head round what I was supposed to be doing later in the game. If the game had been a pure action game without the RTS bit I'd no doubt have enjoyed it way more.
snowkatt wrote:i played that
decent game but the crap motion controls made me wish it was ported to the 360 or ps3
I think it got a release on the PC as well. I've still not got round to completing it myself, from what little I played when I tried I did like the atmosphere and setting. It reminded me of a blend of Kuon and Silent Hill.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Negative Creep wrote:Brutal Legend - looks great and of course the soundtrack is awesome (no Iron Maiden or Metallica though). Blending hack n slash with RTS is an interesting idea, but I could never get into the latter portions. I just couldn't get the hang of ordering units around, if they even bothered to obey you at all. I just played through on the lowest difficulty to get those bits out the way and enjoy it more for the experience and soundtrack
I loved the world of Brutal Legend. One of the few games I actually bothered getting all the collectables, more as an excuse to explore the world and listen to the amazing soundtrack (I was also a bit gutted at the lack of Iron Maiden in the soundtrack). I really didn't like the RTS stuff though, it never felt like it worked when I played it, to many things mapped to buttons that weren't explained properly and as a result I could never get my head round what I was supposed to be doing later in the game. If the game had been a pure action game without the RTS bit I'd no doubt have enjoyed it way more.
If it was a more traditional Command & Conquer style I would have enjoyed it more. As it was I never developed any strategy beyond throwing every unit forward at once and hope they win

32Bitter

Post by 32Bitter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 pm

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHH! Asuras Wrath. Fun little game despite being too short and the 70/30 cutscene to gameplay ratio.
Don't think!....Feel!.

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

My girlfriend did what I couldnt.. she finished Spelunky!!

I was more than a little impressed I can tell you.

Great tits and a hardcore gamer = win!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
snowkatt wrote:i played that
I think it got a release on the PC as well. I've still not got round to completing it myself, from what little I played when I tried I did like the atmosphere and setting. It reminded me of a blend of Kuon and Silent Hill.
and i just bought it on the bay
hopefully its more playable on the pc i liked the eerie haunting atmosphere but was dreading every combat because of the blah controls

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 am

ChipTune wrote: Great tits and a hardcore gamer = win!
Yes, but what about your girlfriend?

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:46 pm

After 140 hours in game time, i'm finally done with Tales of Graces F. There's still plenty to do in terms of sidequests and overpowered secret bosses but i think i've had my fill for now.

It was brilliant but i think i preferred Tales of the Abyss. Way too much messing around in menus for Graces.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

thl

Post by thl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

I completed Uncharted 3 on Hard difficulty. Didn't know how this game would turn out and I've been impress with it. Although the campaign was incredibly exceptional, it did felt quite short. But still it kept to that route as you going to expect such epic scale from it.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 am

Axelay (SNES)
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Vyothric wrote:Axelay (SNES)
so how is that mode 7 ?

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:10 am

snowkatt wrote:
Vyothric wrote:Axelay (SNES)
so how is that mode 7 ?
The first time I played Axelay I thought it was broken.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts