What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SJ_Sathanas

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 pm

nakamura wrote:Finished Metroid Other M and really liked it. Good visuals and some nice location based puzzles. Some truly amazing boss fights in there too and scouting for items is good fun. Combat is excellent, the dodging works really well and the overall control of Samus is spot on.
The first person view switch is a pain in the arse though as is the occasional scan section which requires you to find a target with nuts precision. Music is also a bit lacking, just not enough of it.
I also liked the story.

Really good game. Better than the depressing Metroid Prime 2.
Yeah I loved Prime but just hated Prime 2. Just couldn't get on with it and the whole thing felt like a massive chore.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:50 am

Wife and kiddie buggered off out for the day so finished Dead Space 2 this afternoon....great all the way up to the end and just like the 1st game it just felt flat. Some good set pieces again, some cheap scares and some really great going mental moments!

Dead Space 3 soon...... :D
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Shinobi wrote:Resident Evil 6 well apart from you have Ada Campaign unlock which is no doubt mostly previous ground covered from a different angle.. I.e having 'Helena's' sister from the rail track not the mine-cart.. I hated 'Sherry' second campaign in the snow can't see a thing and J'ava attacking you which you can't see.. And that Snow Cart section which you have to stay between the tree's but the game gives you no indication that you have to.. Lots of deaths!!! I imagine playing as 'Jake' on the last boss fight would be even more annoying :|
It's not too bad actually - I thought it would be brick but it wasn't TOOO bad, obviously not as easy as Sherry's tiny portion for that fight but it's the preceding bits that are tough(er) so no worries there!

I've just 100% completed MGS4 with all emblems and trophies now obtained :D (woo platinum!) now to move back to BF3 and RE6.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

32Bitter

Post by 32Bitter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 am

Finished JSR: Future for the 3rd of 4th time. The first hour is very promising then starts to go a bit sour. The most annoying sections are the skyscraper levels. Stil a decent game that just falls short.
Don't think!....Feel!.

killbot

Post by killbot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:29 am

Finished LostWinds last night. Loads of fun but... under three hours to see the final boss? And then he went down like a sack of spuds inside of a couple of minutes. I lost about two lives over the course of the entire game. Like I say, what there is is loads of fun but when Cave Story is the same price and will last at least twice as long it's tough to recommend.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:55 am

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

sir_beaker

Post by sir_beaker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Just finished Spider-man Mysterio's Menace on the GBA. Not a bad little platformer with some nice animation; it was just a little short being only 7 levels.
Also finished Final Fight One also on the GBA earlier in the week. Hope to finish Drill Dozer (GBA) on over the weekend. I am currently fighting the boss on the way out of the clink. It's a nice game but does anyone else find the controls a little unresponsive at times?

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm

I've probably finished more games in the past two weeks than in the past two years; Vanquish, Deadspace and Mirror's Edge (all '360). I really liked all three, for different reasons ofcourse.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Resident Evil 6. After a strong opening section, it goes into one train wreck after another. No focus, poor structure, too much Hollywood, bad camera, bad cover system and much more.

You even had to watch the huge closing credits 3 times.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Alarm

Post by Alarm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Asuka 120% Maxima BURNING Fest. (PCE CD). A basic and quirky beat-'em up with some interesting character designs.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:19 pm

Doom (PC)
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm

Dishonored (PC) - loved pretty much every minute of it. Great story, characters and setting. One of those few games I felt sorry to finish :(

KM*

Post by KM* » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Cat Astro Phi It didn't take very long at all either. 40 minutes about.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Nightsky. Its an indie puzzler where you control a small sphere and use ball physics to navigate obstacles. Very smart design and relaxing music. I highly recommend!
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:26 pm

dynasty warriors 4 empires

the bouncer ( piece of garbage i hope to never set eyes on that again or insult my ps2 by booting that up )
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !