What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

samhain81

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by samhain81 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

It also has to do with Mario 1 being the first game (besides Tetris of course) that I played for the Original GB. On top of that, I loved the way it was like Mario Bros 1 , where you pressed start, and it went STRAIGHT into the game, none of this faffing around a giant tree :lol:

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Finished Bulletstorm earlier on today & really enjoyed it. I didn't really bother with the skill shots (probably missing the whole selling point of the game) as I was just having fun with the Boneduster, Flail Gun & Headhunter. :lol:

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Just finished Smash TV, via Midway Arcade Treasures. Even with the unlimited continues, it's still an intense (and nutty) game!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Finished Castlevania Portrait of Ruin which was brilliant. It felt really fresh compared to the last couple in the series.

Also completed Legacy of Kain :Defiance which was a pretty good game overall. Loved the whole plot of he series and this tied it all up. Good visuals and sound with some fun if annoying combat. Game is rather glitchy though and really should have been a 3rd person adventure like Soul Reaver 2 was.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm

nakamura wrote:Also completed Legacy of Kain Defiance which was a pretty good game overall.
I actually started with Defiance then went back to play the others. The first Blood Omen became my favourite but I still really like Defiance. The Legacy of Kain series is ace 8)
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I completed Batman Returns on the Snes earlier. I could still remember most of the boss attack patterns, surprisingly.

Arque

Post by Arque » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 am

Killzone with all characters. War is hell. :shock:

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Ferret Oxide wrote:I completed Batman Returns on the Snes earlier. I could still remember most of the boss attack patterns, surprisingly.
Awesome game, isn't it ? The sound f/x when a bad guy gets launched into a background-post use to crack me right up. "Bong!"

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Vyothric wrote:
nakamura wrote:Also completed Legacy of Kain Defiance which was a pretty good game overall.
I actually started with Defiance then went back to play the others. The first Blood Omen became my favourite but I still really like Defiance. The Legacy of Kain series is ace 8)
I do really like the series, Defiance did drag on a bit too far though. I do have Blood Omen to play through again but Blood Omen 2 was very poor.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:11 pm

CIH wrote:
Ferret Oxide wrote:I completed Batman Returns on the Snes earlier. I could still remember most of the boss attack patterns, surprisingly.
Awesome game, isn't it ? The sound f/x when a bad guy gets launched into a background-post use to crack me right up. "Bong!"
Indeed. I make it a habit to always throw enbemies into the background when I can. That sound combined with the idea that I'm inflicting pain on clowns makes it worth the extra hassle.

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Just completed max payne 3. It's a really great game one which I will play through many times I think. The blur sometimes takes a little getting used to (it's intentional the blur nothing wrong with my ps3). I havnt in a long while just sat for hours on end playing a game. This one I put on about 10pm then about 3:30am I had finished it. I was already quite a way through. It's no 4 hour game. Im a little gutted it's over to be honest. Overall 8.5 out of 10 in my view.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:00 pm

RetrolixusMcD wrote:just thought i would share that i have FINALLY completed 'Faxanadu' on the NES, which i had back in the day, and thought i would purchase again....what a great game, graphically, the soundtrack was amazing....but the ultra long passwords from the gurus were annoying. Anyone else played this, and remembers it with fondness?
I keep meaning to play Faxanadu properly when I next get my NES out. From what I've played of it so far it seems great though.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:07 am

Completed a playthrough of Second Sight this morning, a fine game.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Papa_Midnight

Post by Papa_Midnight » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:52 am

Just completed the main quest on Skyrim, found it a little underwhelming, it centainly didn't have the 'epic' feel that the Oblivion MQ seemed to have. The game on a whole is very enjoyable though.
"when everything is going right, something is wrong"

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 am

Shadowman on the N64.

Quite enjoyable but nothing outstanding. I can see why it was well rated in the past but the platforming is dodgy and the combat is quite dull by todays standards. Still, i got quite addicted to it. Combines elements from Tomb Raider, Soul Reaver and Mario 64 with a voodoo setting.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!