What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Sp33dFr34k

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Sp33dFr34k » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Batman: Arkahm City, it was awesome! :D

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Call of Duty: Black Ops, late to the party but really enjoyed that one, story and spectacle were something else.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

The Darkness 2 for the PC. Excellent game and one that I thought was at least as good as the original. The story and atmosphere were not quite as good (but still really good in their own right) while the quad wielding combat blows most other FPS games away - its so fun tearing enemies limb from limb while duel wielding guns and sucking goons into a black hole :mrgreen: I only hope there is another sequel as the game was left on a huge cliff hangar.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 am

Warriors Orochi.
The Su and Wu storys
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Neo Contra for PS2. Well...not completely. I managed to clear the game twice but never well enough to get higher than a 'B' rank and unlock the other levels. Great game that doesn't mess around and all the better for it. Loved the boss battles, the music and the general abudance of huge explosions and madness :D
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 pm

sscott wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops, late to the party but really enjoyed that one, story and spectacle were something else.
You are always invited to my party

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Gears of War 3 with 4 players
Resistance 3
Loop Cube Loop Salad DS hard puzzle set
I suppose Ghost & Goblins beat the last boss and it made me replay the level for not having the cross, thats going to be impossible with that crap short range weapon
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Also completed Resistance 3, good game with a little bit of a flat ending though. Crysis 2 up next...

ninjabearhug

Post by ninjabearhug » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:22 pm

Back To The Future 2 on the SMS. Worst game ever, glitchy, unfinished piece of crap, but I persevered and finished it anyway :). Gameplay **HERE**

Elaine

Post by Elaine » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Just completed Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (well, completed the story, not ALL the puzzles, but I don't think I will) and The Witcher 2, which was SO AWESOME I struggle to find something that I can start now without thinking it won't be as good as TW2 :o

Pippy

Post by Pippy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 pm

I finished Half-Life 2, and this time round the sheer atmosphere of the game coaxed me into playing through Half-Life too, for the first time since, oh, 2000? I didn't expect to be repeatedly quickloading quite so much (translation - I was crap at it), and I'm glad those few rotating lifts (in one case rotating your view while you're trying to fire at soldiers, argh!) didn't make a comeback in HL2, but fun times all the same :)

...and then I played Half-Life: Opposing Force for the first time (the fat electricity-spewing crab guys took things a little too far in the direction of Doom. I liked the heavy machine gun very much), and now I'm on my way to finishing Half-Life: Blue Shift so I can experience the disaster from all angles.

Then I'll go on a five-year adventure in some distant country, by which time Half-Life 3 will have been announced!

RETROSPEC

Post by RETROSPEC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 am

not much of an accomplishment but revolution X featuring aerosmith on snes. Hired it when it first came out years ago then spotted it at gametraders for 3 bucks and had to get it lol.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:10 am

Warriors Orochi
All storylines done.
It was quite a long slog as some levels took about 40 minutes to get threw and there was 8 basic ones and 7 special ones and 5 clans to do them in (thats a lot of stages)
I can now play something else.
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Flint

Post by Flint » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I've finally won all the war room maps in Advance Wars 2 so I'm calling that game completed (I'd already done the normal campaign).

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:17 pm

sscott wrote:Also completed Resistance 3, good game with a little bit of a flat ending though. Crysis 2 up next...
Yeah, i liked Resistance 3, but story kinda went off towards the end i felt.

Just finished Vanquish (360) myself.Not bad, did'nt go much on demo, bought promo.version off Retro Bob, for nice low price and very much enjoyed the game.