What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

HalcyonDaze00

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:11 pm

killbot wrote:
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:ive completed the main dragon quest in skyrim, not quite sure when you complete the game as there is so much to do
I would count completing the main quest as beating the game. The other stuff is all 'optional extras'. If I've beaten Bowser in SMW but not completed the Cheese Bridge levels I'd still say I'd finished the game.
thats a fair point although the civil war/taking sides quest seems just as big as the dragon quest, its also a story thread that runs right through the game from the very start.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Zelda: Link to the Past. I haven't played this game in such a long time, probably fifteen years, yet I went straight through no problem. Amazing the things you remember, or maybe "don't forget", isn't it ? :)

I had a better recollection the various puzzles 'n' what not than I had of Wind Waker.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Duke Nukem Forever (360). Somehow got through the last two bosses on Normal mode without dying once! Really enjoyed the game, maybe not worth full price but I definitely got my £6s worth out of it. :D

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 am

Star Wars TFU 2 again! For my lad. I had a little go at a couple of the challenges too. They are a mare, very frustrating.

Eat your nans pants

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

Bastion on Xbox arcade. Waited until it went cheap and I was not disappointed. Excellent game.
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Finished a few run-throughs of Simpsons Arcade on 360. Managed to get the achievement for finishing it within 10 credits on Expert on my first try. Had 1 credit left too, surprisingly. Went into the final stage with only 2 credits left and thought I might as well give up, but somehow Mr. Burns is a pushover as long as you hold your ground on the top of the screen with jump kicks.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Castlevania Circle of the Moon. Finished all three GBA games now, onto the DS versions! I really enjoyed Circle, better than Aria I though. Really hard bosses though.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 am

nakamura wrote:Castlevania Circle of the Moon. Finished all three GBA games now, onto the DS versions! I really enjoyed Circle, better than Aria I though. Really hard bosses though.
The Dracula fight at the end of the game took a while for me to get his pattern down. I seem to remember him having a few quite damaging/hard to avoid attacks. Fantastic game, though playing it on an original GBA was a nightmare at the time since it was so dark!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Dynasty warriors gundam 2 100% in just under 150 hours.
Now onto the third game and Hokuto no ken.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.

RichL

Post by RichL » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:28 pm

The first Uncharted.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:53 pm

the darkness 2,only lasted about 5 hours which was a let down but good fun while it lasted,only managed to max out two of the four skill tree's.i'll have to play game+ to get the other two but tonight i'll try out the co-op first.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:04 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
nakamura wrote:Castlevania Circle of the Moon. Finished all three GBA games now, onto the DS versions! I really enjoyed Circle, better than Aria I though. Really hard bosses though.
The Dracula fight at the end of the game took a while for me to get his pattern down. I seem to remember him having a few quite damaging/hard to avoid attacks. Fantastic game, though playing it on an original GBA was a nightmare at the time since it was so dark!
Yes it took me a while too. I didn't have a lot of DSS cards to choose from so it made it all the more difficult. I ended up using the poison one and high jumping his lunge and the poison would chip away at the floating eye 1 point at a time!

Took about 15 mins that way!!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Assassins Creed 2. Damn fine game, I really enjoyed the assassins tombs,the story and characters where silly but fun. Will definiteley pick up Brotherhood now.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:38 pm

I've completed three games this week:

Bastion - a fun little XBLA adventure game with lovely graphics and an entertaining narrator. The story is pretty flimsy, but the gameplay holds up, so I'll be going back through the New Game + option.

Killzone 3 - a vast improvement on the previous game, and with a farm more entertaining climax. I genuinely enjoyed my time with the campaign and the multiplayer seems ok, too.

Fallout 3 - I finally got the platinum trophy for this and finished Broken Steel. That's 6 and a hlaf Gb of HDD space freed up. :D

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:47 pm

R:Racing Evolution on XBOX... well the story mode anyway... disapointing really, looks pretty n' all but there's just something missing