What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Green Bert

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Green Bert » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Hunter's Moon for the C64. I have vague memories of completing it legitimately back in the day, but had to resort to cheats this time. Played it via Vice emulator and completed over two nights using the save snap shot feature in Vice if I died to go back and try a level again. The gameplay seems as fresh as it did back in '87 and the sound effects are still some of the best use of spot effects I've ever heard on the C64.

http://c64-wiki.com/index.php/File:Hunt ... s_Game.jpg

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Finally achieved 100% completion on GTA Vice City Stories for the PSP :D . Phew...that took some doing. There were many tedious and fiddly odd-jobs in the game that almost had me quitting on many an occasion but I persevered. First time I've ever got 100% on any game in the series.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Riddler

Post by Riddler » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 am

Completed Radiant Silvergun last night for the first time. This was via story mode on the Saturn so it took a while due to limited continues. May give the arcade mode a try now to see how i fair but i will not be 1cc'ing this one for a while.

Moshed Potatoes

Post by Moshed Potatoes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 am

101% Donkey Kong Country SNES although i did use the start with 50 lives cheat
Atari 2600, Lynx, NES, SNES, GB, GB Pocket, GBC, Gamecube, N64, Wii, 3DS,
Mega Drive, Master System II, Game Gear, Dreamcast, PS1, PSone, PS2 Slim, PSP, PS3, Xbox, X360, Pro, Elite, Slim, Wonderswan, NeoGeo Pocket, Arcade Machine, Hanimex HG, C64

Nevanos

Post by Nevanos » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:36 am

I'm not sure if playing a mod from another game counts as a 'Game completion' but, eh, whatev!

Recently played a mod of Doom that I've recently beaten. The ending was rather stupid to say the least.

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 pm

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Dead Island a few hours back. Good but uber repetitive, lacking in content and went on WAY too long. A fully nipped n' tucked sequel would be a prospect truly worth relishing.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 am

I completed Rage yesterday.

Not a bad game and, while I can see why some poeple were disappointed by it, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game. The shooting sections were far better than the driving bits in my opinion, and I loved the engineering system. Catching the first glimpse of the boss in Dead City also made me smile.

I'll play through again at some point, and would like to do the co-op missions at some point.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:43 am

Finished Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare....bloody brilliant. I liked RDR, but undead nightmare has had me gripped the past week and a bit.

Now onto finish Rayman Origins which I started and put to one side because of RDR:UN :roll:
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 am

LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:34 am

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call. A slight (but only slight) disappointment after the first three, the puzzles seemed a bit easier this time and the plot wasn't as engaging. Still a great game but I'm hoping for more from Mask Of Miracles.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 am

ive completed the main dragon quest in skyrim, not quite sure when you complete the game as there is so much to do

killbot

Post by killbot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:53 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:ive completed the main dragon quest in skyrim, not quite sure when you complete the game as there is so much to do
I would count completing the main quest as beating the game. The other stuff is all 'optional extras'. If I've beaten Bowser in SMW but not completed the Cheese Bridge levels I'd still say I'd finished the game.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 am

Abe's Exoddus on PS1

Ive never played the first but im not too bothered about doing so either. Its a good game but its one of those trial and error style platformers, much like Heart of Darkness where you need to die 20 times on one section before you get the timing, technique and speed required to do make it through. Quite frustrating and the game long overstays its welcome. I can appreciate the ingenuity of the puzzles, the fantastic humour, the wonderfully imaginative world and creatures but i doubt ill be going back to try and save all 300 Mudokans.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 pm

3rd Birthday
Good game

*Unlocked French maid costume*
Ooook