What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by pratty » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 am

Just finished Super Paper Mario on the Wii, an excellent Platform/RPG hybrid. :D
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Dead Rising 2 Off the Case. This game really surprised me, thanks to all the subtle & major changes it provided a really new experience. I thought it was great fun! :3

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Silent hill 2.
Just over 9 hours and a crap ending
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:03 am

Completed 2 games yesterday - Maverick Hunter X and Batman Arkham City.

Maverick Hunter X was as awesome as I remember it, the slightly rejigged parts of the game are a breath of fresh air to what is otherwise an excellent game. The Vile mode adds a new twist on things and required different strategies to tackle certain levels/bosses. My only complaint is that the "Hard" mode seems no harder than normal difficulty, I didn't really find either mode all that difficult!

Batman Arkham City is my current Game of the Year. It took everything I liked about the previous game and then made it better - more riddles, improved combat, improved gadgets, better boss battles (the final boss especially) and I still have much more to do! The ending was pretty surprising and will no doubt polarize some of the fans, unless they retcon it for the next game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:13 am

I completed Saw on the PS3 - horrible game (horrible meaning a bit sick and uncomfortable, so therefore mission accomplished for the developers!) - the graphics are actually pretty good and atmospheric.
I completed and Platinumed Megamind Ultimate Showdown in just over 3 hours on the PS3! But that was me being 100% trophy censored, although I still enjoyed playing the game.

William S

Post by William S » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Mega Man 2, The Flintstones - The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy, and Little Nemo - The Dream Master.
ImageImageImage

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Well I completed Crysis again this evening on Delta difficulty, just a few easy trophies before I get the platinum trophy. I enjoyed it even more the second time around, it's definitely a 'grower'. Really glad it got ported to consoles as there's no way I'd have ever got to play it on a PC :lol:

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Road Avenger on the MegaCD. You start off knowing the game isn't great (it is an FMV game after all), but the animation is quite good and you sort of get into a rhythm. It reminds me of those opening titles on the Naked Gun films. Then you get to the last level and the game gets super cheap. The response time required goes right down, the checkpoints are stretched way out and the directions become intentionally confusing. Any goodwill I felt towards it went straight out the window. Don't bother playing this game, it's censored.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:18 pm

finished the main story of arkham city,still got a huge amount of riddler stuff to find i think i'm about 59% through but uncharted 3 should be delivered tomorrow so that will have to wait.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Portal 2 (PS3). Really good and funny script, and lots of fun to play through. I've just ordered The Orange Box, so I'll end up playing through Portal 1 again soon.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Finished my New Game + playthrough of Batman: Arkham City. Now to mop up the rest of the secrets. I love how this game keeps on giving, it's just one hidden gem after the other :mrgreen:

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Genji on PS2

Im now playing it through again to fill out the item/weapon compendium as the blacksmith rewards you with "something special" plus going through the netherworld challenges. Pretty good game all in all. A simple hack and slasher in he style of Onimusha and definately worth the £2 i paid for it. Somewhat suprised it didnt get more attention really. Wondering if the PS3 sequal is any good?
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:Genji on PS2

Wondering if the PS3 sequal is any good?
if memory serves it didn't review well,badly in fact,there was also something about a giant crab.none of this is from personal experience mind.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Yeah i remember it getting poor reviews, but if its not much different from the first then i cant see how it would be too bad.
Im aware of the crab lol, only from the stupid sony press conference saying many of the battles taking place were based on true events :lol:
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:Genji on PS2

Im now playing it through again to fill out the item/weapon compendium as the blacksmith rewards you with "something special" plus going through the netherworld challenges. Pretty good game all in all. A simple hack and slasher in he style of Onimusha and definately worth the £2 i paid for it. Somewhat suprised it didnt get more attention really. Wondering if the PS3 sequal is any good?
The PS2 version is great, I played it through earlier in the year and loved it. The combat system was simple yet effective and the action came thick and fast.

The PS3 version on the other hand suffered from being rushed to launch. It feels slower than the PS2 version, suffered from a terrible camera angle that obscured as much of the action as possible and it had several sections that just had you hacking endless waves of enemies in large open areas until you've killed enough and progress. I did enjoy it but its very flawed at the same time :(
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*