What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

QuantumCrayons

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by QuantumCrayons » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Shinobi wrote:PS2 Project Zero very scary game. but some unfair fights against multiple ghosts in confines spaces on the third night.. Also I hated those tile puzzles, with Japanese symbols
But, you LOVED the headless fights, right? ;)

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 am

Shinobi wrote:PS2 Project Zero very scary game. but some unfair fights against multiple ghosts in confines spaces on the third night.. Also I hated those tile puzzles, with Japanese symbols
Niiice! Could never do that myself, stuck on the third night. Got too hard.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Star Wars TFU II.

Christ this game was short, I mean, I knew it was short but even then I was still shocked :shock: the shitty plot & story were also a real shocker. I knew it was a cash grab but jeez...I thought they'd have put some effort in to it :evil:

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Rayne wrote:Star Wars TFU II.

Christ this game was short, I mean, I knew it was short but even then I was still shocked :shock: the shitty plot & story were also a real shocker. I knew it was a cash grab but jeez...I thought they'd have put some effort in to it :evil:
Unfortunately there's little reason for me to get motivated towards anything Star Wars'y these days. They all just seem like desperate cash grabs for a man who obviously doesn't need it. I thought it was because I was "growing up" and therefore falling out of love with it, but I know now I'm not. It's that Lucas has allowed his greatest creation to be shitted all over for the sake of laziness, profit, and ego-driven greed.

Basically, everything needs a reboot. Without Lucas at the helm.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Freestyler wrote:
Rayne wrote:Star Wars TFU II.

Unfortunately there's little reason for me to get motivated towards anything Star Wars'y these days. They all just seem like desperate cash grabs for a man who obviously doesn't need it. I thought it was because I was "growing up" and therefore falling out of love with it, but I know now I'm not. It's that Lucas has allowed his greatest creation to be shitted all over for the sake of laziness, profit, and ego-driven greed.

Basically, everything needs a reboot. Without Lucas at the helm.

Thing is, the first game was actually pretty good. It clocked in at about 8 hours, had a bunch of cameos and told a decent (if predictable) story

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 am

Completed Halo: Reach campaign last night. Really enjoyed it. Now whether to dabble further or just move onto the next game in the pile.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:33 am

Just finished MGS - Twin Snakes on Gamecube last night, my god that was worth the £40 price point. I actually loved this reboot, with all its John Woo stylee cutscenes, and it all looked gawgeous! Ready for the HD remakes NOW!

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 am

I completed Deus Ex - Human Revolution last night. It's a big old game if you take time out to do the side missions (which are good) and it's got a fairly epic ending. Really enjoyed it actually, best game I've played in a long time

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 am

EDGE has the Boss fights from Deus Ex: HR as being farmed out to a different company than the rest of the game. Which may explain why Prinny was having problems with glitches on them?
Eidos Montreal outsourced Deus Ex: Human Revolution's controversial boss battles to Grip Entertainment, whose president Paul Kruszewski admits in a behind-the-scenes video that he came into the project with no prior experience of the series. "Full confession: I'm a shooter guy," he says. "I was coming into this not knowing a lot about the Deus Ex world. The guys at Eidos gave us the design, gave us the engine…and we gave them back that experience."
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/deus-exs-b ... outsourced
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:42 pm

Freestyler wrote:EDGE has the Boss fights from Deus Ex: HR as being farmed out to a different company than the rest of the game. Which may explain why Prinny was having problems with glitches on them?
Eidos Montreal outsourced Deus Ex: Human Revolution's controversial boss battles to Grip Entertainment, whose president Paul Kruszewski admits in a behind-the-scenes video that he came into the project with no prior experience of the series. "Full confession: I'm a shooter guy," he says. "I was coming into this not knowing a lot about the Deus Ex world. The guys at Eidos gave us the design, gave us the engine…and we gave them back that experience."
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/deus-exs-b ... outsourced
They do seem a bit out of place. I was lucky, I didn't experience any glitches. And the bosses get easier as you go on - I defeated the end boss of the game in quite literally 30 seconds.

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:30 pm

just completed quantam of solace i thought itwas a great game

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote:
But, you LOVED the headless fights, right? ;)
Wasn't that the four monks who where invincible when there heads disapeared, found them easy.. I hated the fights against the Ringu Girl, who had her eye's gouged out, Gamefaqs said she could only you when you walk but she killed me all the time anyway.. And the masked Man who looked like Yoshimitsu so infurating
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Finished the Gears 3 campaign. Not nearly as many boss fights as in the other ones. My retro boss loving heart bleeds :(

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Dungeon Siege 3, fairly average RPG/Hack N Slash game, decent story line and some interesting boss battles at times. There was some tricky moments in the game, but nothing that got me really stuck for too long. Worth picking up if the is £10 or below, took me 10 hours or so on medium difficulty, not many side quests either.