What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Havantgottaclue

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Havantgottaclue » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:25 am

Just finished Jolly Rover, a fun little point and click adventure. I completed it in 8 hours so it's not the longest game ever, but it is all very charming and at times hilarious. Since I got it as part of an Indie pack on last week's Steam I effectively got it for 75p!

Thoroughly recommended, especially if like me you were never the biggest fan of point and click adventures and want a nice simple one to start you out.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:10 am

last night finally completed fallout: brotherhood of steel on the original xbox. Can understand how fans of the originals hate it, but I found it good fun. It's sort of like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance except in a post-apocalyptic setting.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:00 am

'Soleil' on the Megadrive. I previously got right to the end of this game when I was about 14/15, but couldn't for the life of me work out how to damage the final boss and never bothered going back to it. Have really enjoyed playing through it again recently via emulation and quite chuffed this morning to have finally put the b*stard to bed after well over a decade :lol:
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 am

Prince of Persia Warrior Within from the Prince of Persia Trilogy on the PS3 (both endings). I loved the game back when it was released and apart from the combat being a little long in the tooth I still enjoyed it now. Awesome platforming sections, interesting story, and I really liked the Dhahaka as a villain. Just got 2 Thrones to complete now.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:37 am

ShadowMan wrote:Prince of Persia Warrior Within from the Prince of Persia Trilogy on the PS3 (both endings). I loved the game back when it was released and apart from the combat being a little long in the tooth I still enjoyed it now. Awesome platforming sections, interesting story, and I really liked the Dhahaka as a villain. Just got 2 Thrones to complete now.
Speaking of PoP , just completed The Forgotten Sands on 360, very good game, great ending and fills in a nice gap in the series. Much better than the other Prince Of Persia game on the 360....wish that trilogy pack thing would come to the 360 :(

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

delbert_trout wrote:'Soleil' on the Megadrive. I previously got right to the end of this game when I was about 14/15, but couldn't for the life of me work out how to damage the final boss and never bothered going back to it. Have really enjoyed playing through it again recently via emulation and quite chuffed this morning to have finally put the b*stard to bed after well over a decade :lol:
Took me years to complete this game, kept getting stuck then stopped playing it and went back to it months/years later. Did eventually complete it though.

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:48 pm

This week I have mostly completed.....

...WarioWare - Smooth Moves on the Wii.....
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

ninjabearhug

Post by ninjabearhug » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:05 pm

The Terminator on SMS. Not too shabby a game, but plenty of annoying bits, the having one life to complete the game in particular. All adds to the retro fun I suppose :D .

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 am

SNES Desert Strike

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:03 am

Today I completed Mafia again. Its still an excellent game to play through with one of my favourite stories to a game ever. The gunplay part of the game has aged though, in places its still insanely tough (unfairly tough in places) and I much prefer the way that Mafia II handled the action. Still, thats a minor complaint.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Obscure 2 PS2 very easy, the true last boss was anti climax, pressing some switches to crush some American Chav equivalent who turns himself into a monster, it is B Movie so I can accept that..

Splatterhouse PS3 another anticlimax no last boss fight as such just some normal enemies you have to keep away from Jennifer(Who's not in any danger due to her large energy bar) You don't even fight Dr West I was expecting some Crude Busters type last boss with 'Dr West' turning into a monster after being hit a few times.. Ending was a cliff Hanger which makes me think Leonara may be the true last boss on a harder fifficulty.. Other than that I really liked it a lot, couldn't understand the hate it was getting.. Its a far superior reboot toCastlevania
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

dste

Post by dste » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:09 am

Finally completed the original Legend of Zelda Classic version for the GBA.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:34 pm

Finished DC RedDog. Not a bad little game.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 am

Just completed Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on the Gamecube. A very enjoyable game, altough it does fall a tad short of it's Zelda aspirations. But with a little fine tuning it could have been a classic.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

chewy

Post by chewy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 am

Some of the games on Sega Ultimate Mega Drive Collection for PS3, Cyborg Hunter on SMS. Waiting for my Gemei A330 to play through some more games.