What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:19 am

Today I finally got round to playing through Megaman V again on the Gameboy. On the one hand most of the bosses are easier than I remember (still cool though) the level design is quite the opposite - its challenging without being unfairly hard or a push over. The fact that the game consists of a whole host of brand new bosses rather than reusing the rest of MM5's and 6's NES bosses is a breath of fresh air as well.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:10 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Saints Row 2. A marked improvement over the first game, on the whole it was much more fun to play through and had a better variety of missions. Its not perfect though, a couple of missions were a nightmare thanks to the bastard helicopters that can seemingly nuke you from orbit :evil:
im stil stuck on the almost last missions with the ultor helicopters from hell
i dont even know what to shoot at before they take me down
Yeah, that mission wasa an absolute bastard to do. I just gave in and lowered the difficulty - seems like the helicopter takes less hits to kill on easy mode so I could shoot it down before being missled.
so what do you do then ?
i take down some helltor compters and then im lost at what to do until more helicopters arrive and i die in fiery death
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Lentini2001

Post by Lentini2001 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Shadow Complex.

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Hitman: Blood Money. Excellent game. I completed it on normal and I will be going back to play through on a harder setting. With the depth of gameplay, plenty of ways to complete the missions, replying is a must.

The ending fooled me the first time around, I won't spoil it for anyone, but a second attempt changed the outcome dramatically. Quite possibly the most fun ending I've come across in a game.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:30 pm

GTA Liberty City Stories - it's only taken me a year (on and off mind) !

I think the stand out moment for me was failing time and time again on a mission where you had to hijack an ambulance carrying a dead body. Every time I tried to get it, I either got myself run over in the process, or the bloke who was with me on the mission. However, after all those failed attempts, I finally managed to get the ambulance, and only because it happened to be waiting at a red light!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Was up late so one credited Battle Masters a few times on my Super Famicom.. Just use 'Alita' and her increcibly overpowered special moves..

Finally did PS2 Rygar for a Last Boss and a God, 'Chronos' wasn't very hard, that Baby was far harder.. Suburb Story though

Finished Rule of Rose and got the Maids and Loitta outfits
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:08 pm

snowkatt wrote: so what do you do then ?
i take down some helltor compters and then im lost at what to do until more helicopters arrive and i die in fiery death
Thinking about it, I could be thinking of 1 of a couple of missions all involving helicopters at the end of the game. Is it the one where you have to get the the boat or get into the Ultor main office via Helicopter?
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Finished Day of the Tentacle for the first time, I need more lucasarts/lucasfilm games.

Juggernaut Headcrush

Post by Juggernaut Headcrush » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Monkey Island 2. Never played it before. Is it just me, or is it easier than the first one? Or is it just a case of knowing what kind of puzzle to expect?

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Just finished Limbo XBLA, quality from start to finish, loved it :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Finally completed Wolfenstein on the 360 so I can now move onto something new. Not a bad game at all.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:04 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Thinking about it, I could be thinking of 1 of a couple of missions all involving helicopters at the end of the game. Is it the one where you have to get the the boat or get into the Ultor main office via Helicopter?

the ultor main office
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:29 am

snowkatt wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:

the ultor main office
What I did was target the copter as quickly as possible using the radar for guidance and shoot it down. Then take out the first anti air defence or whatever on the building itself at which point they'll send another copter at you. Target the copter then take down the next defence on the building etc. After the 4th building defence is down just fly to the top of the building to trigger the next cutscene.
It takes a fair few goes to pick off the copters as if you can't lock onto them quick enough they'll probably start sending missles your way. You can get hit once or twice but after that your helicopter is toast.

Coopdevil

Post by Coopdevil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:40 am

Mr Crap At All Games (i.e. me) has done Lego Harry Potter on 360 to 100% and 1000 Achievement Points. First, and indeed probably last, time I've ever managed that on a 360 game.

Coopdevil

Post by Coopdevil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:43 am

Juggernaut Headcrush wrote:Monkey Island 2. Never played it before. Is it just me, or is it easier than the first one? Or is it just a case of knowing what kind of puzzle to expect?
Probably the latter. "Back In The Day" when I played just about any point-and-click that came out on the PC I used to breeze through them as you easily get your brain thinking along the right lines when you are playing a lot. I find the first two Monkey games of comparible difficulty although MI2 seems a bigger game because of all the wandering about you have to do. I traditionally prefer MI2 but appreciate that MI1 is probably better and tighter designed.

That said, the XBLA version of MI2 is waiting on my 360's HD to be played next so I might revise this view after a playthrough of it!