What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Batman the Movie on C64 about 5 times. Great and addictive little game!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:37 pm

C=Style wrote:Batman the Movie on C64 about 5 times. Great and addictive little game!
I've completed it once on the speccy many, many moons ago (and with the aid of a POKE!)

Dont think I've really completed a game so far yet. Only QoS, and playing through it again, mopping up trophies.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Just finished Uncharted. Loved it, can't wait for the sequel.
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:04 am

Just completed Co-op mode on Gears of War 2 with MikeHaggar. We wound up playing the entire game from start to finish in 1 sitting (took about 7 hours!). Fantastic game, the story seemed an improvement over the first and the action was top notch as always.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Tepid Snake

Post by Tepid Snake » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 am

Finished Global Defence Force for the PS2 on Easy last night. Technically, I haven't completely finished it yet, you need to beat all 71 missions on every difficulty to unlock one more setting (Impossible) but I got the ending, so I guess it counts.

Anyone who has a PS2 absolutely must get a copy of this game. Blowing up gigantic space insects for 71 missions in a row sounds monotonous, but it never gets old. Ever. There's also something completely ridiculous about it, upping the stakes every couple of missions. You think the alien motherships are pretty big, then you fight a boss ship which takes up half of the screen and comes equipped with a Genocide Cannon that razes entire cities to the ground, and then you fight the Floating City, which is so big that no matter where you look, it'll always be in your sight. Oh, and you fight a Godzilla rip-off four times over the course of the game, culminating in a battle where he's as tall as two skyscrapers put together. Bear in mind, you're just an infantry grunt, so everything you fight is almost three times as large as you are. Really good stuff!
Updated 11/05/11 - P.O.W. - Prisoners of War
Image RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews & Community

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:31 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Just completed Co-op mode on Gears of War 2 with MikeHaggar. We wound up playing the entire game from start to finish in 1 sitting (took about 7 hours!). Fantastic game, the story seemed an improvement over the first and the action was top notch as always.
That was a good night. Finished GoW2 with ShadowMan and finished the story mode of Crackdown with ToxieDogg (twice!).

:D

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Just got 100% on Canis Canem Edit

Titan

Post by Titan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Fable 2.
The end's pretty disappointing, really, there isn't even a proper final boss!
Oh well, I'm still having fun doing the extra quests and going back to find the rest of those pesky gargoyles :P

SMASH BROS FRIEND CODE: 1075-2488-1508

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 pm

I've completed the bulk of Mortal Kombat Vs DC, just got a few achievements to get and I'm done. Story mode was OK but I prefer arcade mode personally. The story wasn't amazing and I'd rather play through the game as 1 single character than keep swapping every few fights.
I'm really surprised at the fact I'm enjoying the game so much though, I thought I'd find it average like every other Mortal Kombat (Excluding 2) but I've had a lot of fun completing this one again and again. The DC characters are implemented quite well, Super Man, Green Lantern, Joker and Lex are my favs so far, and while the online mode has its kinks it is at least pretty much lag free.
The achievements were also rather fun and very challenging to get, the Fatality one was straigtforward but a couple were a pain to pull off (no thanks to my incorrect guide!) the special moves achievement on the other hand was a nightmare! Some of the pro moves required insane timing (Liu Kangs Bicycle Kick>Fireball>Flying Kick is the toughest), not to mention there are several moves not listed in most guides. The Kombo challenges are really hard though, doubt I'll finish those in a hurry.
My only real complaint is with the controls, they are pretty stiff at the best of times and the 360 pad makes it 10 times worse, an arcade stick fixes that though!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Just completed Co-op mode on Gears of War 2 with MikeHaggar. We wound up playing the entire game from start to finish in 1 sitting (took about 7 hours!). Fantastic game, the story seemed an improvement over the first and the action was top notch as always.
ToxieDogg wrote:Just finished Gears Of War 2 with MikeHaggar on Co-Op Normal difficulty.....from start to finish in one sitting :P ....started playing Friday night at 22.05pm, finished a couple of minutes ago, an epic 9 hour gaming session.....
ToxieDogg wrote:Finished Gears Of War 2 on Insane level (in co-op with MikeHaggar again). Found it to be very tough going, particularly a section in the underground Hive palace near the end, and we did encounter a few nasty glitches too (for example, after we killed Skorge and his hydra, the victory cutscene played out, then it said 'Objective Failed' and made us do it again :shock: :shock: ) but it's all done now. :) I only hit the 2,800 kills mark around the end of our session though (the second time we've played through the entire campaign mode), I don't think I'll ever get that ridiculous 100,000 kills 'Seriously 2.0' achievement. :x
That is quite an addiction to GoW2 Campaign Mode that you have, Mike :lol: ;)
MikeHaggar wrote:That was a good night. Finished GoW2 with ShadowMan and finished the story mode of Crackdown with ToxieDogg (twice!).

:D
Yeah....trying to find the last few enemies after killing the last boss was interesting to say the least, then realising that only the host gets the achievements and having to do it agan :lol: Good game though. :)
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 pm

I've completed Tomb Raider Underworld yesterday, and I really enjoyed. It was my first HD Tomb Raider and it was something to say the least, I was really impressed by the graphics, and the difficulty is perfect for me.
I was already a big fan of the series, and this one certainly confirmed it. I might even go back to it soon to get the last few achievements I'm missing...
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:55 am

ToxieDogg wrote:That is quite an addiction to GoW2 Campaign Mode that you have, Mike :lol: ;)
Finished it with Sly Reflex and Scowling Monkey from the GamesTM forum too ;)

Only played the last 2 acts or so with them though.

Oh, and I am up for some more Campaign Mode if anybody else wants to play through it in coop :lol:

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 am

Far Cry 2 (360) - This game was getting to be a bit of a slog until I got to act 3 and the Heart of Darkness mission which were brilliant.
The game has a really satisfying and unusual conclusion, I also liked the fact that this ending was a proper ending with no loose ends or hints at a sequel anywhere in sight!!
For creating an atmospheric and beliveable game world FC 2 was very successful, and playing with fire has never been so much fun!!

I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't go back into the game world after completion to mop up some of those achievements I didn't quite get but that is quite a small niggle

I'd rate it 8/10, better than Mercenaries 2 but not quite as good as GTA.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:27 am

MikeHaggar wrote:
ToxieDogg wrote:That is quite an addiction to GoW2 Campaign Mode that you have, Mike :lol: ;)
Finished it with Sly Reflex and Scowling Monkey from the GamesTM forum too ;)

Only played the last 2 acts or so with them though.

Oh, and I am up for some more Campaign Mode if anybody else wants to play through it in coop :lol:
I did the last act again with PRNelson off GamesTM to help him get the Insane completion achievment, so I'm a bit of a hypocrite :lol:

I'm desparately trying to build up kills towards the Seriously 2.0 achievement. I did another bit of 'grinding' again last night, I'm now on 10,000 kills! Only another 90,000 to go :roll: :lol:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Played through Gears 2 with a mate on Hardcore, we did try it on Insane but we just couldn't get anywhere and to be honest I didn't think it was any fun at all, didn't get the Friends With Benefits achievement though, does that mean I have to play through it again?
Splink!