What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:04 pm

I completed Super Mario RPG. Took my time with that 'cuz it's a joy to play, so by the time I reached the final boss my team was simply unbeatable. Punch, Punch, Group Hug. Repeat. Annoyingly, it's one of those games that freezes on the "Thanks For Playing" screen rather than returning to the title after the credits roll, so if I want to keep playing and complete all the sub-missions I'll have to restart from the save file 'bout two level-ups back. No biggie, I suppose.
It's called a MEGADRIVE

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:43 am

Just completed Pure on Xbox 360 - all first place :)

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 am

Medal of Honor Airborne on the 360.
Embarrassingly only on 'casual' but I am currently about 2 thirds thru on normal now finishing off some achievements. expert will be tough i think!!
Last edited by Loftgroover on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:59 pm

Just completed FABLE XBOX, one save as a goodie twoshoes (destroying the sword of aeons) and one save as a bad ass horned demond SKORN worshipper lol (keeping the sword of aeons). Still got a few side missions to do and open a few demons doors but I count that as the game being complete story wise.

Dont know why i missed the original XBOX first time round, its got some decent exclusives.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Vendetta on mame rather a lot. I keep save stating it as I'm sure I could 1 credit it.. So addictive end up going to bed late, and Violent Storm.. Almost finished Forced Unleashed on 360 which is a little disappointing game play wise and very short and glitchy
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Annie40k

Post by Annie40k » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:30 am

Metroid Zero Mission on GBA,
but with only 9 life bars out of twelve. Finished it in a time span of 01:43:33.

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:42 am

Coopdevil wrote:
nwosteve wrote:Treasure Island Dizzy on the speccy. Just to see if i could remember where everything was. Which i could.
Was that the one where you had to go around and click on random leaves on trees to see where the invisible gold coins were hidden? I remember my sister and I completing all the puzzles then being told to collect all the coins - the ST was hurridly switched off in disgust.

Coop
Yes.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:21 am

Just completed COD4. Awesome from beginning to end, next to Half Life 2 it was the best FPS I have played in a long time. Think I'll go back and play it on hardened now, not to mention play more of the online mode.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:41 am

Close to finishing Senko No Ronde with all characters in story mode.

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:31 am

I completed Art of Fighting this morning, with 8 credits though :oops:
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

scunny

Post by scunny » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:36 am

Shinobi wrote:Vendetta on mame rather a lot. I keep save stating it as I'm sure I could 1 credit it.. So addictive end up going to bed late
surely that does not include the bonus stage? that would be impossible on one credit.

Anyway, we all know you play it exclusively for that level with the chaps that only appear in the eastern version.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Lol, I suprised they kept them and the Women in.. I was a little shocked when I saw there attack with the tongue in the ear

I can get to the last level, and then just continue a lot.. I used around 7 credits on that bonus part:(

On the third level Boss there's two full healths hidden behind the Snooker table, and providing you kill the Dwarf first, the large man is easy..

This guy one lifes the game on YouTube even the Bonus Level, I've been copying his tactics but I'm nowhere near as good as him:( He has nearly every Capcom scrolling beat em up 1 lifed as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2REvMJ ... re=related
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Coopdevil

Post by Coopdevil » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:47 am

all Steel's on PGR3 - erm... yeah I know I'll come back when I've at least done all Silver. :oops:

Now starting on Bronze.

scunny

Post by scunny » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 am

Shinobi wrote: This guy one lifes the game on YouTube even the Bonus Level, I've been copying his tactics but I'm nowhere near as good as him:( He has nearly every Capcom scrolling beat em up 1 lifed as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2REvMJ ... re=related
will take a look at that this weekend, I take it he uses Boomer? Blood is OK but the other two are pap. I can get 50 odd kills one one life which I think takes me to around the missing link who always seems to get a few licks in at me.

The brothers I find are either dead easy or really hard, sometimes I get the little one in the corner and finish him easy, sometimes he jumps all over the place and i get nailed.

fouldsc

Post by fouldsc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:02 am

The Ninja - SMS , not for the first time - but the first time since actually doing on a real SMS back in the day when it was a new game :D