What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 am

Done the Grand travels map on Hyrule warriors

ONE ADVENTURE MODE MAP LEFT!!

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:05 am

Welp that Battlefront 2 EA's story mode done. By no means a completed game, but that's me done with Star Wars for a good while.

Not a bad little story, I liked how it tied between ROTJ and TFA and what the heroes got up to in this new canon at least. I sure there are better EU stories out there but what was probably an afterthought for EA, not bad....

.....but man is it glitchy.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RichL

Post by RichL » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Finished Halo 3 this week.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:18 pm

The Adventure mode in Hyrule warriors

400 odd hours..........

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:08 am

Panzer Dragoon remake- twice, back to back.
2 hours :D
Thoughts and prayers.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:46 am

Doom 3 PS4 seems like there’s DLC

Blair Witch PS4 bad ending takes place the same time and location as the film. Also see how those 3 kids die as the girl is still alive when you find her.

Ninja Gaiden SEGA Game Gear very easy game even though you restart from the beginning of the level when you die.

Last boss is hard due to her different forms and a long level before her. Kept running out of time fighting her.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:09 am

Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun on the Gameboy 1cc’ed it on my first go. I noticed Gameboy Double Dragon 2 is the same game with gangs rather then school kids.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 pm

The Woe episode of "No end in sight" DOOM WAD.

The level design in this is PEEK DOOM build engine, some awesome looking levels, a really good challenge, something that if you struggle with DOOM you will find it a bit to hard.
Ok sometimes some traps are just pure dickheadery and limiting ammo really makes it so you have to keep changing things up and learning how to use the levels terrain and DOOMs quirkiness

batman877

Post by batman877 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Been going through my long list of unplayed games on the PS3 recently... just got Platinum on both ‘Cars 2’ and ‘Alone in the Dark Inferno’.

Cars 2 is highly underrated... the handling of the cars is perfect and the licence is used well. There are some annoying shooting levels you have to drag yourself through but the racing is great fun.

Alone in the Dark was a mixed bag. Some wonderfully creative moments, but really poor control mechanics and camera issues. I have to say though I had a great time completing it!

srj672

Post by srj672 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:55 am

So last week it was the turn of Super Mario World. Well, I beat Bowser, but I still have all the Special World to do. And I also finished Super Mario Bros 2. Such a good game and better than I remembered, but the lack of continues was draining. Thank god for save states!

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:18 am

This morning on my Switch I finished Yoku's Island Express (100% completion). I'm not usually one for 100%ing anything, but this was a delight. It's cemented itself as one of my favorite MetroidVania... no, games of all time. Just an absolute joy from start to finish. Fingers crossed for a sequel!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:12 pm

Resident evil 2 (2019) Claire's story, I really wish this game had some defensive moves, (like a roll) or at least a shove of some sort.
Also wasting grandes because you think your knife is equipped and press R1 instinctively. ONE GRENADE ON ONE BLOODY ZOMBIE!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Leons 2nd scenario.
They took out the crossover thing from the original so you end up doing the same things you done previously

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:53 am

Yakuza Kiwami 2.

As usual, did everything other than the gambling minigames. The last few bouncer missions on 'Legend' difficulty were actually not that bad. War God Talisman (for infinite Heat) + a bunch of powerful weapons made the Amons easy to take out. Just spam heat actions, run away and repeat. The Majima Saga mode was also a nice treat.

Yakuza 0 came close to becoming my new favourite game in the series but Kiwami 2 really reminded me why Yakuza 2 will always be No.1 for me. Ryuji is the best antagonist and the final battles/scenes are just so epic.

Will take a break from Yakuza for a bit then get into 6 before I tackle the remasters of 3-5.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:41 pm

Afterparty on Xbox ‘gamepass’. You have to get out of hell by out drinking the devil. Really enjoyed it. Also completed the campaign for Modern Warfare 2019. Some really tense sections in it.