What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am

Which version did you play? They’re all decent, but I particularly like the motion controls of the Wii version. It feels like you’re doing force pushes and big slams, so despite the lower quality visuals and physics it’s more fun. It is for me one of the great Star Wars games.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:55 am

I finished Super Mario Land, love it!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am
Which version did you play? They’re all decent, but I particularly like the motion controls of the Wii version. It feels like you’re doing force pushes and big slams, so despite the lower quality visuals and physics it’s more fun. It is for me one of the great Star Wars games.
360 version. I do have the Wii version somewhere, but the 360 had a download I got for free with Games With Gold many moons ago, plus achievements are more than enough to win me over to go through a game (Even if this game takes awhile before giving out the more higher point ones).

I heard good things about the Wii versions, even some reviewers scoring the sequel higher on Wii than on other platforms, so maybe some other time.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Djones73

Post by Djones73 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Just completed Shenmue 1. I have never played it before and am glad i did. I can certainly see how it would have blown everyone away when this first came out.

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:36 am

Just finished Shenmue III. Now I need to find somewhere comfy to sit and wait for the next one…

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 am

Ghost Recon Breakpoint - it's technically ropey, it's yet another Ubi open world game but it's actually a lot of fun. That said, I've been playing it in co-op most of the time and that generally improves everything.

I recently finished Need For Speed Heat which is exactly what you'd expect it to be. And Star Wars Fallen Order which was really good but bogged down in some of the dullest puzzles of all time.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Shining force 3 scenario 3
20 years later

Its a shame its only on the Saturn, more people need to play it

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 am

Quake 2 (360)
Damn, was expecting it to be longer, WANDERING ROUND ENDLESSLY IS FUN!!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Transformers Devastation
If only it was longer

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (360)

Wow, was this short. Got excitied ending my first session knowing I was going to Degobaa and Boba Fett was in the game, then the second session I beat the game....huh. There were some good moments but it ultimately ends too soon, goes really nowhere which is a shame as the concepts for a 3rd game sounded interesting enough, and the game itself seems to struggle playing on my 360 (A lot of freezing and unfreezing, could be where I have the download saved but whatever.)

Still.....Force Pushing Ewoks in the DLC campaign is way more fun than it should be. :lol:

Bit of a letdown, I would be pretty angry if I spend £40-50 for this back in the day but thank god this was a past Game with Gold.

Oh well, least this means I can go straight to Deadpool now.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Djones73

Post by Djones73 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Just completed Spider-man on the PS4 and i am now mopping up the trophies. Wow what a game. The faces on the characters in the cut-scenes are so realistic it was like i was watching a real film. They have got the web swinging perfect. So much fun swinging through the streets of New York. The combat was really well done as well. And the ending was really emotional.
Absolutely loved it. Shame it had to end. Looking forward to a sequel.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna the Golden Country

This was a great DLC follow up to my fav gme of all time. While the combat was some refinements, I prefer the main game as there was a lot more meat in regards to story and experimenting with Blades and such, but then Torna is a DLC prequel with those shortcomings but still a lot to do side quest wise anyway, and pretty damn good ending. Maybe someday we'll see Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Definitive Edition with the battle refinements in the base game, turn the DLC into a full game with extra areas (Its set 500 years in the past, so lets see those other countries from the main game back then.), and other QOL improvements both need like the texture loading when you first boot up.

But anyway, going right back in to conquer both New Game + and Bringer of Chaos difficulty for a 100% run, then doing the same on the base game after.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:57 am

And I strike again. XD

Deadpool

Pretty fun if a little too short storywise.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:55 am

Unmothered on the Switch really enjoyed it until the huge difficultly spike on the final section/last boss.

Prisoner of War on the Nes I almost 1 credit’ed this
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Simple 2000 vol 83 the Kung fu

A TOTALLY NOT Jackie Chan game
A scrolling beat-em-up where you can just run past everyone and bosses can be cheesed using some powered up mode