What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ulrich7ad

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by ulrich7ad » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Finished up PS4 Spider-Man and got the plat. Brilliant game, going to keep the DLC for a later date when I'm not all webbed out.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:18 am

Bloodstained brilliant game 2 trophies away from the platinum I believe when you get Zangetsu’s sword kill Gebel rather then attacking the moon when it goes blood red.

A plagues Tale looks lovely brilliant story but pretty short got the platinum incredibly underrated.

Also Onchanbara Z2 Chaos again almost got platinum not sure if I can be bothered beating a boss 50 times without taking damage
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:19 pm

The Simpsons Arcade- Perfect finish for the final achievement (Beat in Expect Mode with 30 lives), 1 hit close to death on my last life with Mr Burns in his final phase.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 am

Finished my first playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Switch, absolutely superb. :)
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:25 pm

pratty wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 am
Finished my first playthrough of Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Switch, absolutely superb. :)
You've got at least three more to go before you can say you've completed it then. :D

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 am

buddy1983 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:35 am
After beating Revenge I went straight to ebay and look up 3, the price it goes for is crazy so not sure I will end up getting that one. Shadow dancer is on the watch list though so will hopefully pick that up soon.

Ranger X looks interesting so I'll add that to the list too
Believe Shinobi 3 is on the mega drive mini games list when that machine launches (might be a cheaper way of doing it)

Ive noticed actually a few cheaper MD titles going on the 'bay recently, wonder if its due to the pensing release of that machine.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:12 pm

Pacific wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 am
buddy1983 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:35 am
After beating Revenge I went straight to ebay and look up 3, the price it goes for is crazy so not sure I will end up getting that one. Shadow dancer is on the watch list though so will hopefully pick that up soon.

Ranger X looks interesting so I'll add that to the list too
Believe Shinobi 3 is on the mega drive mini games list when that machine launches (might be a cheaper way of doing it)

Ive noticed actually a few cheaper MD titles going on the 'bay recently, wonder if its due to the pensing release of that machine.
Its also on the 3DS too if thats an option.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Just finished Dark Pictures Man of Medan really short Under 4 hours major performance issues and freezing on my base PS4. (Screen freezes badly during certain cut scenes, also freezes during quick time events causing you to fail them. Tank control really hard to get in the right position to examine points of interest. One point game wouldn’t allow me to walk around the table.

Not even a horror game the Curator voiced by ‘Pip Torrens’ spoils this mid story, killing all the tension and makes replays redundant!

Story is also a mess - it makes a big point of the creatures in the coffins and the satanists/human sacrifice aboard and then forgets about them..

Just going to be gathering dust
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Finished the story on Yakuza 0. Out of the five I've played this was probably my second favourite. Excellent stuff.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:42 pm

The Witcher 3- Heads straight into my top 5 games ever. 95 hours into the base game alone. There's so much to do. The story takes some turns and there's several different endings, all based on decisions you make. Some of them can be minor too!!! Absolutely adored this game.

I have both dlcs to go through but I'm taking a break to shoot some grubs in Gears 5.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:20 pm

151 hours later, I finally 100%ed the Yakuza 5 remaster on the PS4. Enjoyed almost every minute of it, and thankfully outside of the arena there was no grinding to be seen, just lots and lots of different things to take care of. Loved it, but now time to take a break from the series until 7 is released I think, I have a huge backlog of other games to play!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:39 am

Completed is a strong word given it bills itself as a play and doesn't have a lot of game but The Invisible Hours, a VR murder mystery set in Nikoli Tesla's house.

I think you can get it non-VR as well but in VR it was superb. It starts with a murder and then you as a ghost can go anywhere and listen to anyone as the story goes on. You can also rewind time (but not to the murder, obv) and go follow someone else.

I don't think it'd have the same impact if you couldn't stand next to Thomas Eddisson arguing with the detective.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

demon

Post by demon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:29 am

I am a few decades late, but this week I have finally completed Monkey Island 2 :D

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm

I just finished resident evil the mercenaries 3D online on nintendo 3DS and fantasy pirates also on 3DS

Goldenduster

Post by Goldenduster » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:49 pm

I finished remastered Arkham Asylum and Arkham City this week (they're retro now right ;) ). Was going to go for the Platinums but there's literally no room for error in the challenges.

Might try Arkham Knight next...