What game have you COMPLETED this week

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What game have you COMPLETED this week

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:51 am

Borderlands 2, a lot of anoyances (stuff like bad guys having perfect long distance sight and knowing where you are when one has been snipped)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Child of Light. Every element of this game just came together to create something really special. The beautiful visuals and music were moving, the RPG gameplay was enjoyable and the exploration was a joy. Sad to have finished it so soon!

The collectibles seem to hint at a larger picture and reading an AMA with the writer it looks like a sequel or continuation may be possible. Fingers crossed :)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Rayne wrote:Child of Light. Every element of this game just came together to create something really special. The beautiful visuals and music were moving, the RPG gameplay was enjoyable and the exploration was a joy. Sad to have finished it so soon!

The collectibles seem to hint at a larger picture and reading an AMA with the writer it looks like a sequel or continuation may be possible. Fingers crossed :)
Its nice you 'got' it mate. I likened it to playing a fairy tale but if they make a sequel i want it bigger. MUCH bigger. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:30 am

nokgod wrote:
Rayne wrote:Child of Light. Every element of this game just came together to create something really special. The beautiful visuals and music were moving, the RPG gameplay was enjoyable and the exploration was a joy. Sad to have finished it so soon!

Its nice you 'got' it mate. I likened it to playing a fairy tale but if they make a sequel i want it bigger. MUCH bigger. :)
Yes! One thing I feel I should point out - the screens and vids of this game didn't interest me at all. I downloaded a trial a while ago and likewise, that didn't really grab my attention. When I played from the start though, it totally captured me. If anyone is hesitant or doesn't think it's their 'thing' I'd really say take the plunge and give the full version a try!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Pretty sure Shinobi gave me the PS4 version of Child of Light. I doubt i'd have got it otherwise but its one of those games that once played, is never forgotten. I still haven't downloaded the Vita version but that's only because i'm skint this week! :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:22 pm

nokgod wrote:Pretty sure Shinobi gave me the PS4 version of Child of Light. I doubt i'd have got it otherwise but its one of those games that once played, is never forgotten. I still haven't downloaded the Vita version but that's only because i'm skint this week! :lol:
You had the Child of Light Box set of me :D it actually all 3 versions PS VIta, PS3 and PS4 versions of Child of Light, of you go to your download bar in Playstation store you can download Child of Light Vita for free.. Failing that I will give you my password for PSN and you can download all my games to your PS4 free of charge.. I know I downloaded Child of Light for my Vita and PS4 for free with the code from the box set as PS downloads appear to be multi platform
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:41 am

I didn't realise that! I'll check it out later on Steve, cheers for the heads up :D

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Finished sniper elite v2 for 360.

Not bad while it lasted. Meant to be the game of the year version but CEX put the wrong disc in when I got it. Teach me to get round to playing games sooner to find these things out :lol:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Arkham Origins, literally just finished it, the credits are still rolling. At least they've tried to make them interesting with the audio and pictures (I'll not spoil it for anyone).

Started playing it in December (which was fortunate, as I had no idea it was set at Christmas and I played most of it then), only just finished it today. Shows how often I play modern games.

Perfect timing though, as I just looked it up and the sequel came out yesterday :D

Unfortunately I have no PS4 or XBone :(
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 am

The Witcher 3 - Not 100% every Witcher contract or side quest but the main story line is complete!! Thought I was on the verge of completing it on Friday night but that was just a ruse, lol!! Spent most of Saturday playing it and finally finished it at 1am!! Must admit as a story and game it completely pisses on Dragon Age Inquisition from a great height!!!

Will still be dipping in and out to explore the world and do all the Witcher contracts, waiting for the next story DLC to drop in a few months.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Conker's Big Reunion. Well, part one anyway. Unfortunately it's episodic and only the first part has been released so far.

Still, what there is was quite enjoyable. The sense of humour works well, too. Especially the Metal Gear parody.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:02 pm

TES: Skyrim. I ran through the Dragonbore DLC which was brilliant! I then decided to run few the last few achievements which included a tedious 2 hour level grind so I could have a fight with a Legendary dragon. It was a bit of a let-down tbh, oh well. The rest of the game was excellent.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Another World 2th Anniversary. After about an hour of wandering the cave section I caved (heh) and read a guide. With guide in hand I ran through to the end in no time at all, enjoying the game a lot more because of it. A bit of an oddball ending but I can see myself playing it again in the future.

COD MW3 - It's been ages since I played a COD game. Playing through the campaign was almost entirely on the rails, heavily scripted and uninspired. Because of that though it was also cinematic, bombastic and constantly engaging. It felt like a 6 hour version of Die Hard. I might try running through it on Veteran in the next few days.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Shadow of Memories (PS2) - Had this on the shelf for years (literaly) and randomly decided to play it the other day. What a great game! For an early PS2 game, the graphics and character animation/design is really good but most importantly, the story is just so engrossing. The characters are really well done and the time-travel theme is seriously well written with plenty of twists, questions and a general feeling of "what the hell is going on?" that had me hooked. There are six different endings and I managed to get 'D' and 'E' thanks to manipulating the save files to see more than one. I believe the other endings rely on choices made earlier in the game but that means starting over.

But still, amazing game and a complete surprise :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

JohnnyBgood

Post by JohnnyBgood » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:32 am

Just finished Ys chronicles 1 on iOS, it was really cool, enven if a bit difficult sometimes Image