NiGHTS sequel on revolution?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Kaede

NiGHTS sequel on revolution?

Post by Kaede » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:05 pm

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6223

Can someone for the love of god please c&p this article as I am stuck beind a firewall that blocks that site. :evil:

Apparently the sequel that was planned for the DC was supposed to use a motion sensing controller, but the project was canned. I think a NiGHTS sequel has got to happen, why else would they keep giving him cameos in tons of Sonic games?

Anyway, the possibility of NiGHTS on a machine capable of incredible 3d graphics really does make my head spin.

daynum

Post by daynum » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm

This is all it says. Doesn't sound too concrete but it would be great if it's true.
News - NiGHTS coming to Revolution?
Posted by Mikey Dowling at 01:39:07 PM EST on 4.19.2006.

In the rumor section of the latest issue of Famitsu they have a snippet about the possibility of Sega's NiGHTS game coming to the Revolution. While the thought of this will make most gamers weep with joy, remember that this is only a rumor at the moment and should probably be taken with a grain of salt (regardless of how much Famitsu is held up as the Bible of video gaming press).

As soon as more information is available, we'll let you know.

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:44 pm

Ah, cheers for that!

Hmmm, perhaps we could use this thread to speculate on what a NiGHTS game might be like on Rev? Unfortunately I have a nasty feeling it'll be about as good as the recent Sonic games, but who knows.

beesty

Post by beesty » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:58 pm

I didnt have a Saturn but from reviews and what people have said about the game it seems like something I would like to play.
But what is it you do in the game as its a long time since I have heard anything about it.
the c64 was king,and the speccy,and the amiga,and,,,,,ooh u know the rest

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:16 am

You fly 'laps' around different levels, looping the loop and defying the ground and such. You have to fry through multiple rings in the air to get a chain going and increas your score. That's it. But it's fantastic. As I said on another thread it's one of those Sega games like Sonic and Outrun that are not paticularly difficul or in depth, just loads of fun to play.

merman

Post by merman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:51 am

Got my first chance to play Nights (Christmas edition) at the Retro Ball and I loved it, so the combination of Nights and the Revolution sounds like a winner.

And maybe Mr Naka leaving Sega has a lot to do with the direction the Sonic franchise has headed in lately - Shadow with his guns, and Sonic Riders particularly...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:06 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh dear God in Heaven please make it so.

NiGHTS was absolutely kick ass.
真・豪鬼

SegaMark

Post by SegaMark » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:52 am

I'd rather see NiGHTS not use that stupid remote control thing. What if I want to play the game in bed? Or I don't fancy waving my arm around for hours at a time?

Analouge is the way to go still. If it supports both, then that's fine. I'll most of the time stick to analouge.

Anyway, I'm hoping in a way this won't happen. Becuase Sonic Team recently are POOR. :\\

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:37 pm

I bought Nights for £60 when it 1st came out, hated it then.

Last year I bought another Saturn and paid £20 for it again, just to see if I was wrong.

I wasn't, I still don't like the game. £80 wasted. :cry:

RivaOni

Re:

Post by RivaOni » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:39 am

merman wrote:Got my first chance to play Nights (Christmas edition) at the Retro Ball and I loved it, so the combination of Nights and the Revolution sounds like a winner.

And maybe Mr Naka leaving Sega has a lot to do with the direction the Sonic franchise has headed in lately - Shadow with his guns, and Sonic Riders particularly...
I think that may be WHY Yu2 (check the Sonic The Hedgehog credits ;) )may be leaving Sonic Team, he was involved in the creation of Sonic and recently the series has been royally shafted, but then what was the last great game ST did? I'd say PSO version 2 on Dreamcast, Billy Hatcher wasn't bad but not amazing, I'm holding my hopes on PSU and possibly this, although the new Sonic is looking ok

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:04 am

New Sonic?

RivaOni

Post by RivaOni » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:10 am

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:29 am

Screenshots pls

Segamak

Re:

Post by Segamak » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:58 pm

beesty wrote:I didnt have a Saturn but from reviews and what people have said about the game it seems like something I would like to play.
But what is it you do in the game as its a long time since I have heard anything about it.
My word, you havnt lived yet. If i think about it enough, it makes me weep. And justifies me keeping my saturn( Its now 10 years old!)

Psychobob

Post by Psychobob » Mon May 01, 2006 11:15 am

I doubt this rumour will ever come into frutitation, just like all the other Nights rumours. Yuji Naka has said time and time again that he regards NiGHTS as his baby, and would only produce a sequel if he had the time to dedicate to it, as he does not wise to soil the franchise. Meanwhile he’s content to do just that with the Sonic, and although Takashi Yuda was responsible for Sonic Riders, and Takashi Iizuka for Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic's fall from grace can be traced back to Sonic Heroes (where Yuji was producer).

Whoops, gone of topic a bit there.

Anyway with Yuji working on Sonic 2006, Fith Phantom Saga, and his duties as President of Sonic Team, I doubt we'll be seeing a new NiGHTS game just yet.