Page 1 of 5

What retro stuff do you want that you've not got yet?

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:03 am
by David
Apart from the obvious daft things like a sealed neo geo or a free arcade machine :D

I''ve just sold almost all my retro stuff, but I've got a hankering for a Saturn, and also a NES.

But I am poor at the moment so will have to wait a while.

What stuff is currently on your "To get" list?

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:08 am
by felgekarp
I want Stay Kool on the Spectrum and that's it, just that 1 stinking crappy game.

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 am
by gmintyfresh
Twinkle Star Sprites
Zero Gunner 2
Radirgy

All DC

Then I can start on my Jap PS2 Shooter collection............

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:15 am
by oli_lar
gmintyfresh wrote:Twinkle Star Sprites
Zero Gunner 2
Radirgy

All DC

Then I can start on my Jap PS2 Shooter collection............
Off topic: played plenty on a Zero Gunner 2 arcade cab while I was on holiday 8)

Not too sure what I want next....some of the homebrew/hacked X68000 and PC-98 shmups I guess, but fat chance of that. At least I've got the images...

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 am
by David
oh yeah, meant to ask.

Anyone want to give me a FREE nes or saturn?

:lol:

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:17 am
by ShadowMan
A few Neo Geo AES games such as KOF95-2003, as well as Garou Mark of the Wolves and Real Bout Special, all excellent games that I would play again and again.
As for my Megaman collection, I'd love to get some of the really hard to find stuff like Rockman X4 Special Limited Edition for the Playstation, Rockman EXE 2 and 4 Special Limited Editions, a boxed Euro version of Megaman V for the Gameboy, Rockman Gold Empire, Rockmans IQ Challenge and Rockman Dash: To Save The World Adventure which are really rare Chinese/Taiwanese Megaman games that are now dead hard to come by, then my Megaman collection might actually be close to completion!

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 am
by David
haha every time I see you posting about megaman stuff I imagine you sitting there with a MM costume on and everything :D

Can't fault your dedication

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:21 am
by ShadowMan
David wrote:haha every time I see you posting about megaman stuff I imagine you sitting there with a MM costume on and everything :D

Can't fault your dedication
Don't worry I'm not that crazy (yet)

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 am
by David
Image

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 am
by stvd
I don't realy want anything badly.

I'm always looking to build on my collections but have to do it on a strict budget.

For years I always wanted Pitfall II for the 2600. I played it once, at a friends, when I was 12 years old and never seen it again after that.

About 4 years ago I managed to get it using ebay.
Now I've ended up with a couple of them and a sealed version!!

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 am
by adrianbean
Hi,

A Sharp X68000 from Japan. Played an emulator and the games look brilliant and all appear to be arcade perfect.

Last one I saw on eBay Japan went for over £150 with £120 shipping costs.

Ade's Retro Video Games: http://www.adesretro.com

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:55 am
by oli_lar
Try Yahoo Japan and a proxy service. Its still likely to cost a similar amount though. Your best off buying it from someone in your own country.

If your buying it for the arcade conversions, I wouldn't bother.

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:09 am
by witchfinder
Atari Star Wars Cockpit for me... One day it shall be mine! :D

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 am
by nesmaster
I want a PC Engine Duo with Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 am
by jimbo_too
ShadowMan wrote:A few Neo Geo AES games such as KOF95-2003, as well as Garou Mark of the Wolves and Real Bout Special, all excellent games that I would play again and again.
As for my Megaman collection, I'd love to get some of the really hard to find stuff like Rockman X4 Special Limited Edition for the Playstation, Rockman EXE 2 and 4 Special Limited Editions, a boxed Euro version of Megaman V for the Gameboy, Rockman Gold Empire, Rockmans IQ Challenge and Rockman Dash: To Save The World Adventure which are really rare Chinese/Taiwanese Megaman games that are now dead hard to come by, then my Megaman collection might actually be close to completion!
:shock: Do you complete all of these games? Only Megaman games are well hard! If so, I bow in the presence of a superior gamer.

Took me weeks to crack Megaman 2 for the GB....