What retro stuff do you want that you've not got yet?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am

Does emulating stuff count?

If so, I really loved certain Amiga and Atari ST games growing up. I spent ages at various friends and relatives houses playing them.

I would LOVE to have the games!

So I'm about to start emulating them 8)
Press Play On Tape

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 am

jimbo_too wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:A few Neo Geo AES games such as KOF95-2003, as well as Garou Mark of the Wolves and Real Bout Special, all excellent games that I would play again and again.
As for my Megaman collection, I'd love to get some of the really hard to find stuff like Rockman X4 Special Limited Edition for the Playstation, Rockman EXE 2 and 4 Special Limited Editions, a boxed Euro version of Megaman V for the Gameboy, Rockman Gold Empire, Rockmans IQ Challenge and Rockman Dash: To Save The World Adventure which are really rare Chinese/Taiwanese Megaman games that are now dead hard to come by, then my Megaman collection might actually be close to completion!
:shock: Do you complete all of these games? Only Megaman games are well hard! If so, I bow in the presence of a superior gamer.

Took me weeks to crack Megaman 2 for the GB....
Yep, every last one and multiple times through with most of them (like buster only runthroughs, no continues etc.) You get used to the difficulty after a while and learn the patterns and levels, you should see some of the Megaman 2 Nes hacks which are completely ridiculous in terms of difficulty (even by my standards!)

Couple of other rarities spring to mind:
Spiderman Web of Fire (dead expensive 32X game, just for my Spidey collection even though its supposed to be pretty bad gameplay wise)

Various Dreamcast Shmups - Zero Gunner 2, Radirgy, Chaos Field, Mars Matrix, Under Defeat.

And the other thing I'd love to get (and probably never will) is a original Space Harrier arcade machine though I doubt I'll ever have the money - or space for one.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:10 pm

For me:
- A colecovision with Mr. Do! Donkey Kong, Zaxxon and Cosmic Avenger - games I played forever as a kid
- Magnavox Odyssey - even if it dosen't wok, would be nice to own the first ever console!
- Neo Geo AES (which I will hopefully get for Christmas)
- A good quality boxed Majoras Mask on N64
- Jap Saturn andsome decent SHMUPs on it
- Finally something weird like a PipPin, PCFX, or Sharp X6800 just 'cos no many people in the UK have them. :)

liveinabin

Post by liveinabin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

I want a Vectrex SO badly.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 pm

nesmaster wrote:I want a PC Engine Duo with Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.
I want one too... and the Castlevania arcade cabinet so I can complete my Castlevania collection...

A Neo Geo AES would be cool too... :roll:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

An S-video modded 5200... got a multicart and most of the homebrew titles, but no console to play them on!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

filecore

Post by filecore » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Consolized MVS. Cheaper carts than the AES. A chap is selling them on Ebay at the moment. One finished yesterday. Just need to find the funds!

Link - Ebay MVS auction

And a 32x at a boot for a couple of quid. :)

slightly delayed

Post by slightly delayed » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 pm

i like this thread theres a couple of things i really want:

A dreamcast, only ever played that fishing game thing on it but i want one every time i've seen them for sale really cheap i've never had any money,

A c64 i went through loads of them as a kid i had 1000's of games for them most of the c64's i had where second hand they had loads of games, i think i only had one new one the terminator 2 pack, mum gave them to a neighbour when i got my first pc.

I'm not sure if i'll have the patience to wait for a game to load now.
Last edited by slightly delayed on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:20 pm

A neo geo CD with mint box. AES is too expensive and I'd be happy to wait for a few loading times if it means getting a lot more games.

Japanese dreamcast with mint box. I'm a box man me, if it's in a box its obviously cool. Got the money for this for my birthday 2 months ago but nothings come up on ebay at suitable standard yet.

Lots of snes games too as my collection is looking poor in that department. I'm limited by space for the time being so can't buy anything thats not essential.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:22 pm

David wrote: Anyone want to give me a FREE nes or saturn?
I was offered a free NES about six months ago but I declined as I've next to no space left by my TV to store it. :lol:

My current most desired game to own at the moment would probably be Judgement Silversword for the Bandai WonderSwan (refuse to pay around £90 for a handheld game) and the scarily expensive Battlesphere Gold for Atari Jaguar
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

thl

Post by thl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm still in the search for:

Consoles
Mega CD 1 or 2
Saturn (Japanese, Model 2)
Xbox

Peripherals
Dreamcast Light Gun
Master Gear Converter (Game Gear)
Power Base Converter (Mega Drive)
TV Tuner (Game Gear)

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:06 am

thl wrote:Power Base Converter (Mega Drive)
Still have one here for trade :P

kebabage

Post by kebabage » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 am

A legit copy of Maddog Williams in the Dungeons of Duridian for the Amiga 500

Bug Eyes

Post by Bug Eyes » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:25 am

Big retro gaming room
Virtual boy
64DD Bulky Drive (call it by its original name, it's much better - 64DD is pants without the "bulky drive" part)
Multi region Snes, MD, Nes, N64, Saturn
Various games.

These are my immediate wants but the retro gaming room is the big one. Here's my dilemma. I could currently just pick up all this stuff if I feel like it but the only way for me to accomodate it is to buy a bigger house with a retro gaming room. Hence bigger mortgage. Hence less disposable income. Hence unable to buy crap. Quandry.

So yeah that's what I really want. A room big enough to comfortably hold even the giant switching station I would want to direct all my consoles through a singe tv ;).
e 12a 01 01
W
Q

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:06 am

Panzer Dragoon Saga

A Virtual Boy with the VB version of Wario Land
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!