Gamestation price increases?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
retrogamer48k
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:55 am

Post by retrogamer48k » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:46 am

nowerdays i hate gamestation there really are becoming crap also when you trade and stuff and destroying there retro stocks wtf

User avatar
Mootown
Posts: 3853
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 am
Location: Blacktooth Castle, Basingstoke...
Contact:

Post by Mootown » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 am

retrogamer48k wrote:nowerdays i hate gamestation there really are becoming crap also when you trade and stuff and destroying there retro stocks wtf
That's very constructive.

triforcemaster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:51 am

Gamestation price increases

Post by triforcemaster » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Woking branch was at one point doing all GTA,s 4FOR £10! even the PSP ports! :shock:

User avatar
JackPainter
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Staines, UK

Post by JackPainter » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:24 pm

I was in there the other day.

Surprisingly, they had little choice in the PS2 section. They had about 40 games in the '2 for £20' deal, but loads of them were duplicates.

They didn't have much in '4 for £20' either. They had games like AVP: Extinction and America's 10 Most Wanted, games that used to be in the '4 for £10' section.
XBOX LIVE: JackFrustration
PSN Account: JackSawyer

Image

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:39 am

I was in one today, bunch of robbing barstards...

They had Drakes fortune on PS3 for 24.99 preowned..?
This is very wrong for a number of reasons but the two that pissed me off most were it was 17.99 last week and also the platinum version has just been released.
Seems they are complety ignoring the platinum version untill they have sold all their over priced ones..

User avatar
DANW547
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:15 am

Post by DANW547 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:53 am

This is maybe unrealated since it's Game and not Gamestation but since the buyout I guess it still counts.

Kingdom Under Fire : Circle of Doom - £25 to £30 new everywhere

In Game £39.99 pre owned, absolutely disgusting.
----
Image

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Post by rossi46 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:01 am

This thread has lost some of its focus. The original post was to ask if anyone else's local GS has put its prices up like mine appears to.
Thoughts and prayers.

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:59 am

rossi46 wrote:This thread has lost some of its focus. The original post was to ask if anyone else's local GS has put its prices up like mine appears to.
As I posted, Drakes Fortune 17.99 last week, 24.99 this week.

Not sure how that is "losing Focus"..?

User avatar
ToxieDogg
Posts: 8356
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Vice City, a.k.a. 'Liverpool'

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:15 am

Opa-Opa wrote:I was in one today, bunch of robbing barstards...

They had Drakes fortune on PS3 for 24.99 preowned..?
This is very wrong for a number of reasons but the two that pissed me off most were it was 17.99 last week and also the platinum version has just been released.
Seems they are complety ignoring the platinum version untill they have sold all their over priced ones..
I noticed that one too, they've done it here too.

And totally agree that the thieving gits seem to ignore Platinum releases with regards to their pricing policies, although I do actually know somebody who refuses to buy Platinum releases because he doesn't like the redesigned packaging so there are actually people who will pay the extra cash, unfortunately.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

User avatar
Opa-Opa
Posts: 4304
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Location: Kent UK
Contact:

Post by Opa-Opa » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:37 am

ToxieDogg wrote: although I do actually know somebody who refuses to buy Platinum releases because he doesn't like the redesigned packaging so there are actually people who will pay the extra cash, unfortunately.
:oops: thats me then..

I won't have the dirty, cheap, nasty sell through platinum/white lable/cheap release packaging in my games room.
I would rather pay a little bit extra for something like Kingdom Hearts in the full price packaging than have the ugly re-release version.
I wouldn't buy a platinum game myself but I think it's unfair on the people who know no better and are buying something for a present as an example to be ripped off in this way.

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13165
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:51 pm

PC games are still very cheap on the whole and I've picked up a number of games for a pound or two. I don't particularly feel ripped off by Gamestation (although a few months ago vowed never to trade or cash in any more games).

User avatar
rossi46
Posts: 4424
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: melrose
Contact:

Post by rossi46 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 pm

I went to Asda, Tesco and Woolies, then WHSmiths looking for a controller for the Xbox today and completely lucked out. Reluctantly I headed off to Gamestation and bought the only controller I could find.

A Logic 3 pad for £10.

Gutted.


I forgot to check Comet and Currys, mind :roll:

To be fair, the Logic 3 pad looks like it's very well made and structurally sound.
Thoughts and prayers.

N64fanboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by N64fanboy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:40 pm

We at Gamestation Milton Keynes are on your side.
We think its a fooking tragedy the retro has been pretty much replaced by crappy T-shirts and iPods.
I make it a personal mission that any true gems are rescued and not destroyed. There also seems to be a lot of consternation about prices... now come on.. fair enough brand new average games are a rip off. But that you could pick up Silent Hill 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Burnout 3 and Resident Evil (cube) in the 4 for 20 surely makes us a worthwhile store. And as for the stink that occasionally grips the store it is NOT the staff. Unfortunately we buy stuff for cash which brings in all manner of VERY smelly people needing to grub a few quid together for some fags, and little boys love us....and little boys often smell.

User avatar
ToxieDogg
Posts: 8356
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:54 am
Location: Vice City, a.k.a. 'Liverpool'

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:01 am

N64fanboy wrote:We at Gamestation Milton Keynes are on your side.
We think its a fooking tragedy the retro has been pretty much replaced by crappy T-shirts and iPods.
I make it a personal mission that any true gems are rescued and not destroyed. There also seems to be a lot of consternation about prices... now come on.. fair enough brand new average games are a rip off. But that you could pick up Silent Hill 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Burnout 3 and Resident Evil (cube) in the 4 for 20 surely makes us a worthwhile store. And as for the stink that occasionally grips the store it is NOT the staff. Unfortunately we buy stuff for cash which brings in all manner of VERY smelly people needing to grub a few quid together for some fags, and little boys love us....and little boys often smell.
You work at the Milton Keynes branch then? Been there long? Just wondering if I might have seen you, when I lived down that way (up until January this year) I used to be in there every couple of weeks buying preowned Saturn, DC or Gamecube games, which at one point Milton Keynes had a great selection of.

And do you still hike the prices of any Star Wars related games up any time there's a Collectomania event on with any Star Wars actors in attendance? :wink:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 27005
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:34 am

rossi46 wrote:I went to Asda, Tesco and Woolies, then WHSmiths looking for a controller for the Xbox today and completely lucked out. Reluctantly I headed off to Gamestation and bought the only controller I could find.

A Logic 3 pad for £10.

Gutted.


I forgot to check Comet and Currys, mind :roll:

To be fair, the Logic 3 pad looks like it's very well made and structurally sound.
I bought one of those. It lasted long enough for me to play through Halo then one of the analogue sticks promptly died. While it was working, I could only play it if I was alone as the sticks had such an annoying squeak that they'd really censored off Mrs Ant.

Still, it was more comfortable than the giant sized original pad I'm using now.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest