worst game(s) you've ever bought/played

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 am

felgekarp wrote:Mario Kart on the Wii, lets just say I had more fun playing Bionic Granny than this.
You serious ?! I dont think its that much better than past ones such as the N64 or GBA but its a great Mario Kart game. Just does what it says on the tin.

You surely havent bought many games if thats the worst you've ever bought ?!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:01 am

I sort of agree up to a point - Its really annoying when you drive like a god only to be hit by a barage of power ups on the last bend and end up 5th.

But, its still good fun - I don't like the bikes and was truly awful everytime I played on line (Video Gamer Girl can testify to that!)
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

TMR

Post by TMR » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 am

gmintyfresh wrote:still it wasn't the worst shooter on the MS that "honour" belongs to Sagaia - shocking flickery graphics and simplistic gameplay.......
i liked Sagaia personally although it was somewhat ambitious; i'd have said Xenon 2 was a much worse game, the addition of horizontal scrolling, the flickering sprites, the way the speed varies depending on what it's trying to do...

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:51 am

leefishuk wrote:Bart Vs the Space Mutants. :cry:
It's not a bad game, it's just so bloody difficult.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:53 am

TMR wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:still it wasn't the worst shooter on the MS that "honour" belongs to Sagaia - shocking flickery graphics and simplistic gameplay.......
i liked Sagaia personally although it was somewhat ambitious; i'd have said Xenon 2 was a much worse game, the addition of horizontal scrolling, the flickering sprites, the way the speed varies depending on what it's trying to do...
Agreed. Spent a whole 5 english pounds on Xenon 2 as i loved the speccy version. Utter tripe.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 am

TMR wrote:
Ha when I posted this I was thinking of Xenon too (ha) it does play like a shooter in treacle factory but at least it pushes the SMS, have you seen the state on some of the sprites in Sagaia, death from invisible bullets, sparse backgrounds, and really flicky sprites? Ropey as.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 am

I'm saying Wizball on the CPC - after loving the C64 version loading up this flick-scroll mess was awful. It had the worst sound, graphics and game ever. The fact that it didn't scroll just made it suck even more. And the fact that the C64 version was friggin awesome.

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:21 am

Enduro Racer on the C64 all these years ago brand new, I should had my head examined.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:06 am

psj3809 wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Mario Kart on the Wii, lets just say I had more fun playing Bionic Granny than this.
You serious ?! I dont think its that much better than past ones such as the N64 or GBA but its a great Mario Kart game. Just does what it says on the tin.

You surely havent bought many games if thats the worst you've ever bought ?!
I've bought loads of games and none have been as bad as this.
Splink!

Cornervizion

Post by Cornervizion » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:52 pm

A Couple of obscure poor game choices...

Armoured Police Metal Jack (Snes) - Terrible side scroller with funny "Jack-On!" Sample being played whenever you selected your character.

Earnest Evans (MD) - Castlevania rip-off with the main character looking like he's made from Pipe Cleaners.

Ghost Battle (ST/Amiga) - GnG Style platformer with floaty he-man looklike.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:53 pm

the PC port pf OutRun.

naff naff naff, all the way. horrid graphics, was p!ss easy and just as p!ss poor.

also, ill have to say Delta Charge on the Speccy. just plain crap. its slow, your rate of fire is almost nil and by the time you've fired you've only hit one ship
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Jailbreak on the Spectrum.

Crap!

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:40 am

the_hawk wrote:Jailbreak on the Spectrum.

Crap!
Hahaha- another victim of Konami's own short lived UK label. Never played Jailbreak on the spectrum, but if its half as bad as Nemesis you have my sympathies.
:wink:

(200th post! woot!)
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Well, why has no-one said :

Last Battle (MD) or Pit Fighter (Arc/Various) ?? Both are Retro Shamers.

I'd also add :

Outrun (Spec version) - How many tapes/loads. Colour clash. Now thats actually so bad it's funny.

Chase H.Q (C64) - Did someone have a personal vendetta when working at Ocean??

Mortal Kombat 3 (Arc/Various) - I played this again last night (for nostalgic purposes), c/o Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and it is just so horribly bad in most parts (colour palette for the animalities, fall animations, very cheap computer opponents, occassionally awkward sprite collision. The original Arcade version had so many notorious bugs in it, such as Sub Zero's infinte freeze/juggle combo. But on the plus side, the Vs screen does look very nice. And the music is very atmospheric and equally dramatic.

Primal Rage (Arc/Various) - WHY??????????

Tekken 4 - (Arc/PS2) - Take almost everything that was right with Tekken 3, and mess it up. In a really, REALLY BAD way. And Mr Itashi - you will be going to hell for what you did to Lee Chaolan. A very un-balanced game thanks to the most powerful characters being given more power and move priorities, and some of the middle tier characters actually being made weaker.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

triforcemaster

worst game ever bought/played?

Post by triforcemaster » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Ithought i played some shockers as a kid but i was disgusted by the sheer lack of anything resembling gameplay in ASSASSINS CREED! Complete pap! Why what had i done to deserve to be ripped off so badly! Modern game design is starting to test my patience.