Gameboy/Colour/Advance Games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mr L

Post by Mr L » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:18 am

The Master wrote:Is £35 good for a brand new - from the shop - GBA micro? (it's not pink...)
I'd say so. If you have the games already then go for it. They are very handy to keep in a work bag/glove box for when you get stuck with nothing else to do.

Play Asia had the Famicom Edition a while back for about £40 new.

James Bond

Post by James Bond » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Jesus Christ, the GBA arrived today, and I cannot see a thing :shock: the screen is so dark, am I doing something wrong?
My HD DVD/Blu Ray Collection:

http://romeos.dvdaf.com/owned

pforson

Post by pforson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:26 pm

I bought my Famicom Micro for £40. Quality purchase.

JB - Did you buy an original GBA? the screen is awful on them. I recommend either a micro or the backlit version of the sp.
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

starving horace

Cheap GameBoy games

Post by starving horace » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:10 am

How cheap a game is depends on how rare it is. I bought Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins for about £4 on ebay, with p&p, because it's not too rare and I believe sold in the millions. Where as Kirby: Tilt & Tumble for GBC was a real flop and cost me £17. A mate of mine also got Pokemon Crystal for about £6. The price all depends on what you buy.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 am

All these years later i still cant see the attraction of Pokemon.

Perhaps it was because i was a bit older when it came out on the Gameboy and everyone was going crazy for it. Had a go once on my cousins gameboy but didnt like it, never played it since.

ShadowMan

Re: Cheap GameBoy games

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:16 am

starving horace wrote:How cheap a game is depends on how rare it is. I bought Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins for about £4 on ebay, with p&p, because it's not too rare and I believe sold in the millions. Where as Kirby: Tilt & Tumble for GBC was a real flop and cost me £17. A mate of mine also got Pokemon Crystal for about £6. The price all depends on what you buy.
If you look at it that way then it also depends on whether you get just the loose cart or the game complete. A few of the later GB games can go for insane prices if they are complete and in good condition (Megaman V is worth at least £100 complete at the minute)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

SexyWayne

Re: Cheap GameBoy games

Post by SexyWayne » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:55 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
starving horace wrote:How cheap a game is depends on how rare it is. I bought Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins for about £4 on ebay, with p&p, because it's not too rare and I believe sold in the millions. Where as Kirby: Tilt & Tumble for GBC was a real flop and cost me £17. A mate of mine also got Pokemon Crystal for about £6. The price all depends on what you buy.
If you look at it that way then it also depends on whether you get just the loose cart or the game complete. A few of the later GB games can go for insane prices if they are complete and in good condition (Megaman V is worth at least £100 complete at the minute)
my local gamestation had zelda oracle of ages & seasons and wanted £20 each for them, i'd like them but i can't justify spending 40 quid on games i'll never play, my handheld gaming is played on my tv via emulation nowadays as my back can't take being hunched over a tiny screen for long, age sucks :lol:

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:08 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:
MikeHaggar wrote:DealExtreme got the EFA Linker Simple for $22:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10447

One of the best 'devkits' for GBA. The simple version is without the RTC clock chip though.
I use an EZ-flash 4, but I'm kinda wondering about getting one of these as well. Do you know how much save space there is on the cart? I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me on the interwebs.
Anyone know? I mean, I'm assuming it has a separate flash mem for saves, or is that not so? Does it just dump the gamesaves on the NOR flash mem along with everything else?

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:34 am

AFAIK it's 4Mbit unless they changed it.

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:52 am

Cool, thanks. Think I might grab one for homebrew/emulation. I've found that getting some emus to save properly on the EZF4 is a bit fiddly cos you have to faff around editing the rom header to make the patcher/EZclient assign a sav file of the correct size.