Full RG collection on Ebay!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

oldskool81

Full RG collection on Ebay!!

Post by oldskool81 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Will be interesting to see how much this little lot go's for!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0291588323

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Mm. A while back, I bought the first 30 or so issues for about £150 or so, to fill some gaps. (I think once I sold off the spares, the issues I'd bought cost about 80p each or something, so it wasn't such a radical payment to make.)
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

oldskool81

Post by oldskool81 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:37 pm

I've been picking one up each week, 1st issue cost £15 and most others go for £10+!!

I look for cheap Buy It Nows from people who don't relise there worth a bit more!! :D

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 pm

I spent about 6 months doing the same thing filling the holes in my collection. I managed to get issues 1 -12 with disks and supplements in the official (old) binder for a very reasonable amount £40ish I think, it was around that figure anyway.

I've now got a complete collection including the extra anthologies etc. TBH though I wouldn't sell them for the few hundred quid they might go for. They are the only mags that I can keep on my shelves indefinitely knowing they will never go out of date. 8)
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 pm

oldskool81 wrote:I've been picking one up each week, 1st issue cost £15 and most others go for £10+!!
Hence why I bought a complete collection and sold off the spares—I almost made money doing that.

oldskool81

Post by oldskool81 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Maybe this would be a good investment then??

Just say on average you got £8 per issue = £424!!

If you could get this for say £200 - £250 there's a good profit in it!!

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:58 pm

ive picked up 12 early-ish issues for 3 quid each....who is paying mad money for them??

only 2 issues I am struggling to get for the price i am willing to pay are issue 19 + 20.

oldskool81

Post by oldskool81 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:02 pm

I was biiding on issue 50 a few weeks ago (my local newsagent didn't get this one in for some reason :evil: ) and it went for £13.50!!

Not saying this happens all the time, got a few bargains myself, but it's quite common!!

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:04 pm

When I was filling the gaps in mine most issues seemed to go for between £3 and £5. The old mags with disks might go for anywhere up to a fiver each on top of that....ish.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

monkey puzzle

Post by monkey puzzle » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:10 pm

I have noticed before that large collections of Retro gamer don't generally go for that much money. The only people really that would buy RG on EBAY are people who have a collection themselves and just want to get the few mags they don't have. These people generally don't want to get loads of mags they already have, so they don't bid.
You wouldn't buy a complete collection of mags for a lot of money on EBAY if you don't own any, because you wouldn't know if you like them or not (unless youv'e read a friends).
The seller would have made a lot more money if he would of listed all the mags separatly one after the other. Iv'e seen it done before, they make more money that way.

bolda

Post by bolda » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:15 pm

I'm still after RG#1 to complete my collection, but haven't seen this on eBay for a while (granted I don't look that often these days) Thing is, I've already got the cover disk for RG#1 - picked it up for £1.50 from my local CeX!

So if anyone sees an RG#1 for sale, minus the coverdisk, give us a heads up on here so I can re-unite the orphan disk with it's parent! lol :D
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:28 am

oldskool81 wrote:Just say on average you got £8 per issue = £424!
I bought on the assumption of selling for cover price, and was in some cases pleasantly surprised (I think I got about 12 quid for one of the earlier Imagine issues). Mind you, now I think about it, my auction also included two binders, and they went for quite a lot each.

Alex Ferguson

Post by Alex Ferguson » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Just taken a look at the auction and it's at a bargain price at the moment.

The Master

Post by The Master » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Yeah, but there's still almost three days to go. Bet you it rockets at the end (especially the last 3 or 4 seconds...)
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:34 am

monkey puzzle wrote:I have noticed before that large collections of
The seller would have made a lot more money if he would of listed all the mags separatly one after the other. Iv'e seen it done before, they make more money that way.
The problem with listing them individually is the amount of extra work it takes to send them off. If 1 person buys multiple issues for example then the seller needs to pack them all up once everythings paid for. 50 odd issues takes a lot of packing. Im sorely tempted to sell my lot as the only mag Im missing is issue 1 and with the RG CDRom they just arent as necessary to keep anymore.