Favourite fighting move

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Tapey297

Post by Tapey297 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:36 am

I always liked:

Brians punch in the gut into a slam in Tek 3

Lee's Leg hook round then head followed by the drag down to the ground from Tek Tag

Axels grand upper from SOR2

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:32 am

1) Make-up Sex after a fight is generally the best move.

2) Although trapping you're bellend in the cartridge slot is not a good move.

I cannot draw on first hand experience for point 2, as I only have a PS2.

chewy

Re:

Post by chewy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 am

merman wrote:
SirClive wrote:Pulling hair, biting and scratching :twisted:
Maybe they should have put "fight like a girl" as a fighting style into Def Jam :lol:
Now you mention it, smashing Sean Paul's face into the pool table is always a winner in my book.

GovanGer

Post by GovanGer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:58 am

Uppercuts in Mortal Kombat games

Liu Kang's flying bicycle kick think in MK2 (and accompanying "wooda wooda wooda!" sound effect

Kicking dwarves in Golden Axe

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14 am

There's a move in Dynamite Cop 2 on the Dreamcast where you can pick a bad guy up by his ankles and smack them on the floor, makes me laugh every time I see it and Iron Man's Proton Cannon move in the Marvel games, a frikkin huge cannon appears on his shoulder followed by the phrase 'here's my sunday best, proton cannon'
Splink!

fraser1

Post by fraser1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:09 pm

SFA2,playing as gief,and being knocked down with only a slither of energy left,and having a ken player do his super just as i get up,only for me to grab him out of his super with a perfectly timed, level 3 final -atomic- BUSTER,and win the round.

QUALITY .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7hkwbKmBM a very firm favourite amonst the fans.

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:50 pm

fraser1 wrote:SFA2,playing as gief,and being knocked down with only a slither of energy left,and having a ken player do his super just as i get up,only for me to grab him out of his super with a perfectly timed, level 3 final -atomic- BUSTER,and win the round.

QUALITY .
Thank you! You beat me to it though! I love this move not only for its power and variety, but for the Japenese guy doing English in a russian accent! "Foiwnal Artomirc Burstaaaa!" Love it!

MrCrusher

Post by MrCrusher » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm

The Ear-Wringer from Street Hassle on the C64.

The multiple knee to head move in Double Dragon.
Love

MrCrusher

CrookedMouth

Post by CrookedMouth » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:33 am

I'm a simple man. I liked Blanka's skull chomp and for some reason always loved the reverse spin axe chop by the dwarf in Goldenaxe. Just feels good.

Daz Maverick

Post by Daz Maverick » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:56 am

Akuma's Raging Demon. Not just because it's simply awesome, but I think in Japan it's called the "Super Hellish Death Murder"! Sweeet :twisted:

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - The combination of Ryu, Cyclops and Iron Man's finishers at the same time :lol:

God, I could think of loads more. Either way, I'm in the mood for some beat 'em up action!

Xesh

Post by Xesh » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:35 pm

GovanGer wrote:Uppercuts in Mortal Kombat games
That used to get a lot of my mates. I used to play as Raiden so I'd teleport behind them, crouch down and, when they turned around, used an upper cut. It always seemed to work as well. They were worse at the game than I was. Unfortunately they got wise to that and stopped playing the game with me after that. :D

Vetus

Post by Vetus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 am

Hadouken!

No matter how many years they have passed since Street Figher II, how many versions of Street Fighter they have released, I never got bored by this game. Why? One of my reasons is that I do love throwing Hadouken at the enemies (CPU or human) all the time. :P

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:07 am

Terry Bogards Buster Wolf from Garou Mark of the Wolves (and all subsequent games since then). Looks awesome and dead easy to combo into

Dan's Otoko Michi. So good it damages you instead of your opponent, I thought it would be impossible for Dan to get a more useless move than his super taunt but they did!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

John Paulie

Post by John Paulie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Terry Bogard is easily my favorite fighting game character of all time. And the move I like the most of his is the Power Geyser that he does in the Real Bout series, preferrably in Real Bout Special. I love the way it looks. It's freaking huge! And it's sure to conflict a huge amount of damage to your opponent every single time.

His Buster Wolf, Power Wave, Rising Tackle, Power Dunk and Burning Knuckle are all awesome as well.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:34 am

Shoryuken