Now i have a 3DO...

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

JetSetWilly

Now i have a 3DO...

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:47 pm

what games can anyone recommend?

i like shooters, puzzlers, fps's, anything, really. but i want to get some games missus JSW can play too. so any recommendations will be welcome (and no, I'm not selling it, SirClive, you cheeky little git!!! :lol: :lol: )

another couple of questions:
a) was Burn:Cycle ever released for it? My mate had it on the CD-i and it was really good fun. if so, how much do you think it would cost?

b) Wing Commander. i already have heart of the tiger for PC, but can't get it working. Is it worth getting a copy for this and flogging my pc copy?

c) Kether: is it any good?

and finally d) was Policenauts and/or Snatcher realeased for the system and are they uncut?

cheers.
Last edited by JetSetWilly on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Overheat

Post by Overheat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

if you're the one who got it for £4 then I'm not helpin you :P

out of pure jealousy of course :D
Overheat's Top 10 Auctions *updated weekly (or thereabouts)* | CLICK HERE

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:57 pm

Overheat wrote:if you're the one who got it for £4 then I'm not helpin you :P

out of pure jealousy of course :D
wern't me. i bought it off the guy who payed 4 quid for it.

still, bargain!!!! :D
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

RetroKingSimon

Post by RetroKingSimon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:15 pm

I have (and am selling if Sir Clive doesn't want them): Killing Time, Pataank, Samurai Shodown, Phoenix 3, Theme Park, PGA Tour Golf, Off-World Interceptor, and my favourite game of all-time - Star Control 2 (it's a spare copy).

I also have but am not selling: Star Control 2 (again :P), Star Fighter, Gex, Battle Sport, Cannon Fodder, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo X, Road Rash, Need For Speed, John Madden Football, Return Fire (plus Maps O' Death disc), Star Blade, and Captain Quazar, all of which I can recommend. :)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:18 pm

[quote="RetroKingSimon"]I have (and am selling if Sir Clive doesn't want them): Killing Time, Pataank, Samurai Shodown, Phoenix 3, Theme Park, PGA Tour Golf, Off-World Interceptor, and my favourite game of all-time - Star Control 2 (it's a spare copy).quote]

how much were you looking for each?
thing is, i wont want Theme Park as i have 4 versions of it already (Amiga, Snes, PC, PS1).
PGA Tour golf...i might be interested in, but i've got it for the MD.
and whats Star Control 2 like? (i saw a copy on the Fusion bootie and the bloke wanted 2 quid for it....should have bought it really!!!)
also, what are the other like?
and can it run video cd's?

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Get Road Rash , The Horde are well worth it and MAd Dog Mcree is always good for a laugh (if you can get a gun0

If I hasd a 3DO , I certainly would get WC III , as I'm also unable to get it working on PC , but one very interesting fact I've only just found out is that Super Wing Commander was also released for the 3DO (see below linky) , and it makes me want to go and get a 3DO and a copy of the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEc62gJJD68
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:56 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:Get Road Rash , The Horde are well worth it and MAd Dog Mcree is always good for a laugh (if you can get a gun0

If I hasd a 3DO , I certainly would get WC III , as I'm also unable to get it working on PC , but one very interesting fact I've only just found out is that Super Wing Commander was also released for the 3DO (see below linky) , and it makes me want to go and get a 3DO and a copy of the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEc62gJJD68
there seem to be a efw copies of SWC floating around on ebay (theres a couple from JAPAN and USA.)

looks like ill be getting WCIII, then. I think ill go for Killing Time as well, as it looks interesting (wikipedia, i love ya!)

also, I've got Road Rash for PS1, MD and SMS already. dont really want too many versions, though i've heard its meant to be the best of the bunch...and i really want to get PO'ed again, as my brother had it on PS1 (until he got rid of it) and i loved slapping arses with frying pans.......erm......... :oops: :oops:

and i might need a control pad, if anyones got one spare :wink:

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:38 am

Super Street Fighter 2 is pretty good for the 3DO.

:)
My You Tube Channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/yethboth

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:52 am

yethboth wrote:Super Street Fighter 2 is pretty good for the 3DO.

SSF2T is an arcade perfect port on the 3DO - just make sure you have the 6 button pads - otherwise it's a nightmare to play.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:35 pm

woody.cool wrote:

SSF2T is an arcade perfect port on the 3DO - just make sure you have the 6 button pads - otherwise it's a nightmare to play.

thinking of getting that too. but i've never seen a six button 3DO controller.

thl

Post by thl » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:33 am

JetSetWilly wrote:
woody.cool wrote:

thinking of getting that too. but i've never seen a six button 3DO controller.
It looked like this:

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:26 am

hmmmm.....has any one got one of these pads that i might be able to buy off them?

Oh not again!

Post by Oh not again! » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:34 am

Would a Megadrive 6 button pad be compatible on the 3DO?

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:37 am

Oh not again! wrote:Would a Megadrive 6 button pad be compatible on the 3DO?

i was thinking that too just now. but i would imagine so, if it had the same connector with the same amount of pins.

nwosteve

Post by nwosteve » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 am

Twisted the quiz game. Great fun. Kinda like a retro version of Buzz.
"You're all going to die." MK3 promo posters