What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by sscott » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:41 am

Mafia: Definitive Remaster. Looking forward to this, totally rebuilt and got great reviews!

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:44 am

Sonic Rush and Sonic Colours, both for DS.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

A Short Hike for the Switch.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the DS. Will have to play the GBA games now. Probably just gonna download them on the Wii U.

TheAlex

Post by TheAlex » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:23 pm

pratty wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm
A Short Hike for the Switch.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the DS. Will have to play the GBA games now. Probably just gonna download them on the Wii U.
I bought A Short Hike a couple of minutes ago! I bought Dark Dawn a few months ago too.

I also bought Subnautica (the physical edition with two games), Screencheat: Unplugged (via a huge e-shop discount) and Lydia for Switch recently.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:35 am

Pokémon White for the DS.

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:46 pm

As EA were removing some Need for Speed games off the digital stores, I decided to pick up a bunch of them on the 360 as they were pretty cheap in CeX and just incase they jump up in value (Have you seen Most Wanted 2005? A £28 game in CeX! That can wait.)

So namely Need for Speed;

Pro Street
The Run
Shift 1+2
Rivals
Undercover

Got Most Wanted 2012, Hot Pursuit and Carbon already.

Also got;

Battlefield Bad Company Gold Edition Steelbook (It looked in very good condition for a change.)
GTA V on PS3 (Figured I'd get this out the way while I have room on my new hard drive. Anyone know of other PS3 games with beefy installs?)
A Playstation Move Controller (Screw it, really wanted to play some of the lightgun games on my PS3 the right way.)
PS3 Camera (For the above)
PS Move Gun attachment (Again for the above)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:00 am

I need to rebuy Carbon and Pro Street on Console, I sold my PC copies a while back as the DRM in them is not Windows 10 compatible and theres no work arounds like their is with MW 05 which I've kept and can be blamed for the Garage occupant along with Undercover which has no compatibility issues at all.
I've never played shift, the run or hot pursuit and Rivals I disliked for the same reason as MW'12, it feels like Burnout with the fun bled out of it and doesn't even have the customisation to make up for it.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Neogeo CD SD card loader
Good bye long load times you wont be missed

srj672

Post by srj672 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:09 am

Zelda: Twilight Princess on Wii. Had a bit a of revival playing Breath of the Wild, and getting GC Wind Waker & Ocarina of Time for a bargain.

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:33 am

Andre Agassi tennis on the MD. My goodness that game is bad, possibly one of the worst tennis games I have ever played. The timing of inputs is completely out, makes it almost impossible to play.

Stuck it on eBay and put 100% to charity as I couldn't imagine actually taking any money from someone and thought some goodness had to come from it!

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:05 pm

I've just bought and downloaded Battle Axe after reading about it in the Sonic issue. What a class, beautiful game.
Thoughts and prayers.

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 am

I might have to check that out too..

I have managed to get hold of a copy of Streets of Rage 3 for the MD (at less than a million £) - can't wait to get hold of it! Interested to see how it has aged, SoR2 in particular still plays so damned well.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:50 pm

Pacific wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 am
I have managed to get hold of a copy of Streets of Rage 3 for the MD (at less than a million £) - can't wait to get hold of it! Interested to see how it has aged, SoR2 in particular still plays so damned well.
It's not the terrible game that some people like to make out, but SoR3 does feel like a somewhat overblown mess compared to the sweet balance of SoR2. Also doesn't help that several elements were censored, and (I believe - somebody correct me if I'm mistaken) that the difficulty was messed up in translation so that every difficulty setting is actually a step up i.e. normal = hard, hard = very hard etc. This doesn't help when the game is already a lot harder than SoR2 with so much sh*t to deal with at times!

Also, it's one of those carts where you can't access the Japanese version by toggling a language switch on a modified Mega Drive. You could do this with SoR2 to change it to Bare Knuckle II.

I used to own the Japanese Bare Knuckle III which I thought was a lot better (due to the above reasons), but I still never played it as much as SoR2. It gets a bit too brutal towards the end with all the ninjas, jetpack blokes, and health-sapping environmental hazards (like the construction site bulldozer which is stupidly hard to beat back).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Theres also that remake that while officially nixed can still be found with a bit of digging, RG covered it ages ago before Sega had fit over it.
I need to download 4 at somepoint but funds have been too tight.

Slowly working through Fallout 3 as its sort of stable now, it's annoying as hell at levels over 20 as it just none stop spawns Albino Radscorpions which are bulletsponges, I acctually relish Talcon Mercs spawning for armour repair.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:29 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:00 pm
Theres also that remake that while officially nixed can still be found with a bit of digging, RG covered it ages ago before Sega had fit over it.
Yeah, I have the "Final" version on a back-up HDD and it's amazing. Probably the best game after SoR2 for me as it includes all of the stuff that was in 3 (characters, levels etc.) but is just a much better game overall. The way that everything from the first three games is mixed together with branching paths and playable baddies like Mr.X and Electra is just amazing, as are the cheats and mass of options to play around with.

SoR4 is an amazing follow-up though, and much better than I'd ever hoped. I love the art style and combo system especially. Easily one of my most-played games of the last year.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.