Hardest SNES games

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
choastgaming
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 am

Hardest SNES games

Post by choastgaming » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:06 am

Hello Fellow Gamers,

So we’ve been breaking out alot of snes games on our gaming channel recently and we came across “Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts”.... and omg this game was difficult to say the least lolol! The game features a 2-hit death with enemies coming non-stop!!

HAS ANYBODY beaten this game??? I would love to hear their gruesome story to victory ahahah! What are some other notable mentions for hardest game on the snes console... we’d love to try them out!!!

Stay safe and happy gaming!:)

User avatar
srj672
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by srj672 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:40 pm

Only with save states! I'm far too rubbish to get anywhere in this game otherwise. Seeing speedruns of this has my jaw dropping.

choastgaming
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 am

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by choastgaming » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 pm

ahhaaha agreed!!!! games without save spots just call for rage quits!!!! LOL

User avatar
gunbladelad
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by gunbladelad » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:08 pm

The Super Star Wars games were always tough - and SNES Doom was the only version I know of at all that completely lacked any kind of save functionality. (Try completing the game without a single death - it's one for the Doom purists, I think - I managed to get all the way to Episode 2 without dying - once...)
Where logic won't work, I will

choastgaming
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 am

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by choastgaming » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:45 pm

gunbladelad wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:08 pm
The Super Star Wars games were always tough - and SNES Doom was the only version I know of at all that completely lacked any kind of save functionality. (Try completing the game without a single death - it's one for the Doom purists, I think - I managed to get all the way to Episode 2 without dying - once...)
OMG so I suggested this to my buddies that we should play a star wars game!! BUT yessss DOOM is part of our collection and we will try to tackle it! Hahhha i’ll let you know if we get past Episode 2 ;)!! We just defeated Hagane which was a great game!!!

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25268
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:48 pm

gunbladelad wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:08 pm
The Super Star Wars games were always tough - and SNES Doom was the only version I know of at all that completely lacked any kind of save functionality. (Try completing the game without a single death - it's one for the Doom purists, I think - I managed to get all the way to Episode 2 without dying - once...)
SNES DOOM has way more problems than that,

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7639
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Hardest SNES games

Post by Shinobi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:29 pm

I watched my friend do both loops of Super Ghouls and Ghosts on 1 credit. More impressive was a guy on ‘Awesome games done quick’ finished it on 1 life only using the fire. Obviously he had to collect the Fairy weapon for the true last boss.

Hardest game for me was Actraiser 2 I couldn’t even pass 1 level
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

choastgaming
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 am

Re: Hardest SNES games

Post by choastgaming » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:29 pm
I watched my friend do both loops of Super Ghouls and Ghosts on 1 credit. More impressive was a guy on ‘Awesome games done quick’ finished it on 1 life only using the fire. Obviously he had to collect the Fairy weapon for the true last boss.

Hardest game for me was Actraiser 2 I couldn’t even pass 1 level
WOW that is crazyyy, only on 1 life.. I cant even imagine ahahah! But oh yes Ive heard about Actraiser 2... I will def add it to the list;)

User avatar
gunbladelad
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by gunbladelad » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:35 am

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:48 pm
SNES DOOM has way more problems than that,
It has some of the best music though out of the original Doom ports if memory serves me right. :wink:
Where logic won't work, I will

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25268
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: HARDEST SNES GAMES

Post by DPrinny » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:54 am

gunbladelad wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:35 am
DPrinny wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:48 pm
SNES DOOM has way more problems than that,
It has some of the best music though out of the original Doom ports if memory serves me right. :wink:
That would be the 3DO version with its SLIKY SMOOTH framerate

ommadawnyawn
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Hardest SNES games

Post by ommadawnyawn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 am

R-Type III, Actraiser 2 and Empire Strikes Back are pretty brutal.
Mini-reviews & Lists: http://minirevver.weebly.com/, Youtube (chiptunes, romhacks): https://www.youtube.com/user/Alianger/videos, Retro game mockups: http://alianger.imgur.com/

choastgaming
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 am

Re: Hardest SNES games

Post by choastgaming » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:55 am

ommadawnyawn wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 am
R-Type III, Actraiser 2 and Empire Strikes Back are pretty brutal.
For sure going to try Empire strikes back ASAP!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests