What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Elgin_McQueen

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:03 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:51 am
Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:47 am
Retroleague kicking off again next Sunday, time to start exploring MAME for some new hidden gems to nominate. Anyone know how decent the arcade version of Rampart is?
Rampart is a good game, but its also a trackball one, made mainly for multi-player than single
Cheers I'll prob go for something else then, keep reading that Ninja Baseball Bat Man is pretty entertaining.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:33 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:03 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:47 am
Retroleague kicking off again next Sunday, time to start exploring MAME for some new hidden gems to nominate. Anyone know how decent the arcade version of Rampart is?
Rampart is a good game, but its also a trackball one, made mainly for multi-player than single
Cheers I'll prob go for something else then, keep reading that Ninja Baseball Bat Man is pretty entertaining.
Scrolling beat-em-ups can be hard to get wrong.
The home ports of Rampart are interesting, ive never actually played it against someone, mainly because few have ever even played it

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:33 pm
Elgin_McQueen wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:03 pm
DPrinny wrote:

Scrolling beat-em-ups can be hard to get wrong.
The home ports of Rampart are interesting, ive never actually played it against someone, mainly because few have ever even played it
That's a point, I've never played the arcade version but I could always nominate a port of Rampart since I've played a couple in the past.
Join the Retroleague, dip in and out or compete to be the best, everyone welcome! https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/retroleague/

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
PGA Tour Golf
Fatal Rewind
Shadow Dancer: The Secret Of Shinobi
Cool Spot
Animaniacs

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

Fuddle

Post by Fuddle » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:05 am

Been playing Hang-On a bit this weekend on the Master System.
I havent touched it since I was a nipper, back when it was new.
I kinda expected it to be a bit rubbish, but its brilliant. No wonder I spent so much time with it all those years ago!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:00 am

New season of Retroleague started today and game 1 is Gaplus on C64. Never tried this before. But I'm enjoying it so far, bit of a Space Invaders clone.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:08 pm

SPECCY SUNDAY
Spy Hunter
Molecule Man
Yes, Prime Minister
Atic Atac
Operation Wolf

Press Play On Tape

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:03 pm

Finally cracked into Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection for PS4. It's one fighting game series that I've somehow missed over the years. Well, I DID try and get the PS2 Anthology back in the day but that proved to be an impossible task - cheers Ignition and your useless publishing.

Anyway, didn't spend much time on the original as it just didn't seem that great. SSII though, is a great game. Love the detailed stages and the crazy characters, less so the CPU which seems to block everything and read my moves. However, I am doing better now that I've started playing the game as a poke-and-evade kind of fighter rather than trying to get overly offensive. Even so, I'm glad for the save states as I'm not proficient enough to just have a "quick" arcade playthrough :oops:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SpecChum81

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:55 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Evander Holyfield's 'Real Deal' Boxing
Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
Superman: The Man Of Steel
King Of The Monsters
Cannon Fodder

Press Play On Tape