The New gen thread PS5/XBOXsX (feat PONG)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

MattySlug

Re: The New gen thread PS5/XBOXsX (feat PONG)

Post by MattySlug » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:57 am

8) Twisted 64's new XBOX X arrived today! 8)

All we had to do to get one this year was to sign up to dodgy teclo company and pay it off over 24 months!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:48 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCe0ht- ... meTrailers
New Evil dead game, it looks Mehvy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxUCTK ... meTrailers
Walking dead in Fortnite, are kids even allowed to watch it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8yL0p ... meTrailers
And Master chief is also in it...

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:18 am

^ It’s not for me, but I think I’m starting to get the appeal of the game. It’s just a big toybox, where you can make a whole bunch of different action figures smash against each other

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 am

Was liking the look of Cyberpunk 2077 but gameplay on the standard PS4 looks like it has to make some (understandable) concessions.

No point upgrading to a PS4 Pro when I might as well just wait until PS5s are readily available so I guess I won't be playing Cyberpunk for some time.

Gotta love the shady review embargos for the game though, hoping that they will shift a load of PS4/XBO copies before owners of the lowest-spec systems get any forewarning of the game's performance on their consoles. I never buy these games during a console generation change-over until I know just how compromised the lesser version is. More fool the rush-out-and-buy-NOW day one purchasers who couldn't wait.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:54 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 am
Was liking the look of Cyberpunk 2077 but gameplay on the standard PS4 looks like it has to make some (understandable) concessions.

No point upgrading to a PS4 Pro when I might as well just wait until PS5s are readily available so I guess I won't be playing Cyberpunk for some time.

Gotta love the shady review embargos for the game though, hoping that they will shift a load of PS4/XBO copies before owners of the lowest-spec systems get any forewarning of the game's performance on their consoles. I never buy these games during a console generation change-over until I know just how compromised the lesser version is. More fool the rush-out-and-buy-NOW day one purchasers who couldn't wait.
from what ive seen of it, it dont look very CyberPunky, why are the streets and roads so damn empty?
Was expecting Ghost in the shell/90s sci-fi anime ascetics, instead we have Ghost in the shell ARiSE and modern Sci-fi anime..............

At least you can walk about with your wang out.................

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Crowd density is apparently somewhat better on PC, but yeah it sucks. I get that Cyberpunk is more than huge crowded areas, neon and rain but still...

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:34 pm

There goes the reputation of CD Projekt Red.

I've already come across enough behind-the-scenes stories that tell a tale of a game that was far behind schedule, developers having to crunch 80 hour weeks (common in the industry but never good practice,) and all to meet a deadline that was essentially set for marketing purposes and completely unrealistic for actually finishing the thing by.

Still, maybe they can pull a No Man's Sky and patch it to respectability after a while? I seem to recall that The Witcher III was a bit rough around the edges at launch too, so maybe I'll give it another look in six months.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:24 pm

The thing that gets me about it is, it was coded for current gen machines. They put it back a few weeks before release then it comes out.
Ive seen Digital founders tests on it, it becomes a real mess in a on rails driving section

Edit, seen the update for new gen
PS5 60fps
Xboxthe new one 30fps, but more people/cars
Sel Feena wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:04 pm
Crowd density is apparently somewhat better on PC, but yeah it sucks. I get that Cyberpunk is more than huge crowded areas, neon and rain but still...
Its hardly Blade runner.............
It seems a lot of doing nothing while boring happens a lot

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:36 am

You know a game is broken when the stadia version is getting the praise for most stable.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:22 am

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... ing-on-ps4

Sony giving refunds to those that play it on PS4

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:00 pm

They must have known hence the insistence on review embargos. They needed to capitalise on the hype and get big sales in before Christmas and this would have been compromised if consumers knew the game would be a dog on their outgoing systems.

I still want to play the game so hopefully the next-gen versions are better, but yeah, very disappointing. On a positive note, one less new game to tempt my wallet for now.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:44 pm

https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-players-sa ... 1845874434?

Even more places are offering refunds.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:10 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/scamthescalpers/

This is a thing, people scamming scalpers, it should raise a smile

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:08 am

So far the best game I've played on PS5 has been Miles Morales. It looks and plays so good but it is just another Spidey game. I've not played Demon's Souls but I'm not a Souls guy. I hear it is great though.

The only real issue so far is that Astrobot showed off all the features of the excellent controller but so far no one is really using them.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 am

Returnal looks like it could shape up to be very nice! Visually I love the enemy designs and how colourful the pew-pew action looks. I do like me a good Roguelike, will be keeping an eye on it for sure