No longer available for sale..

Buy, trade, and sell retro games!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nakamura

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by nakamura » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Low or high prices aside. It seems people just want things as cheaply as possible on forums like this.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

XFile2708

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Some disappointing posts from several people here - ive been an active member of this forum and the retro gaming community as a whole for over 4yrs now and have bought and sold with numerous members on here without a single problem...

I've stated my case with regards to where I got my prices from and also said that I'd be open to sensible offers - but still the negative opinions continue.

At the end of the day I was pricing this just under what the items are currently selling for/have sold for recently - certain people seem to be expecting car-boot prices - well if thats case pop your coats on and spend the next few years looking for that one bargain..

Anyway im done here - ive asked Darren to delete or lock the thread...

aztecca

Re: No longer available for sale..

Post by aztecca » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:49 pm

A shame mate as i have sold stuff to you in the past and can say you are a genuinly nice guy.Although my first thought when looking at yuor thread was the prices were a little on hte steep side.But as you said they were open to negotiation.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

ReplayRetro

Re: No longer available for sale..

Post by ReplayRetro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Hmmm, i wasn't gonna chip in but now i feel i need/want to

I've traded with Xfile in the past because prices he offered were fine for the item in my opinion, i've also been a long time watcher of his on youtube and found him to be interesting and knowledgeable sow as quite sad to see him quitting collecting. With this in mind i was excited to see what the prices were going to be on several items i was interested in.
Personally i believe that when selling on here people should keep prices below the ebay average because they're
A) selling direct to the community
B) avoiding listing/selling fees
however that's just my opinion and by no means any kind of rule

With that in mind i have to say i was disappointed by some of these prices with some items of interest being well above the maximum they go for on ebay, it's not just that the cheapy auctions are cheaper but the always inflated BINs are too, then for postage to be additional to that is just bizzare
Personally i have no problem with anyone asking any amount of money for what they're selling because it's their choice but i have to admit i don't see why anyone would waste time listing things that won't sell because of there high prices

Xfile if you read this i sincerely hope you aren't offended as this is entirely opinion based and its up to you what you want for things but you're not undercutting the BINs as you claim and you're certainly not keeping to the spirit that others have on here whereby the community gets favorable prices without the seller giving stuff away, When you sold me a neogeo pocket i felt the price you gave was a good balance between ebay and community rates and its a shame i won't be able to buy from you again
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*