No longer available for sale..

Buy, trade, and sell retro games!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

XFile2708

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 am

samhain81 wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:Guys if you're not happy with the prices then either make an offer or stop thread spoiling... nobodies forcing you to pay the prices :lol:
£30 for Hyperstone Heist and Landstalker
Now who's trolling :wink:

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:39 am

XFile2708 wrote:
samhain81 wrote:
XFile2708 wrote:Guys if you're not happy with the prices then either make an offer or stop thread spoiling... nobodies forcing you to pay the prices :lol:
£30 for Hyperstone Heist and Landstalker
Now who's trolling :wink:
Take it thats a no then. Good Luck with the sales then Spence

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 am

samhain81 wrote: Take it thats a no then. Good Luck with the sales then Spence
Saucer of milk? :lol:

At the end of the day im wanting to sell these for what they're worth not to rip people off - but equally I can't check 80-odd titles on a daily basis to check they're lower than the cheapest 'equivilant' on Ebay :wink:

As I've said before people can make me a 'sensible' offer to which I have every right to accept or decline or they can decide the prices aren't for them and search the titles out elsewhere.. no hard-feelings from me either way 8)

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Good luck selling those, I recently sold a copy of Truxton but only managed to get just over £10 I thought it was going to go for around £20 too was a bit gutted at the time :lol:

RetroRevival

Post by RetroRevival » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 pm

As I've said before people can make me a 'sensible' offer to which I have every right to accept or decline or they can decide the prices aren't for them and search the titles out elsewhere.. no hard-feelings from me either way
Which is great but (and I am sure you have already worked this out from the responses your thread has commanded) you have managed to alienate whatever chance you had of getting people interested by setting your prices above their true worth to begin with. And its not just you, its nearly everyone on here trying to sell it would seem. All this send me a PM cr@p. Set the price, haggle, sell the goods. Simple.

Yes if you are selling you want to get the best price possible, thats normal, but if you out-price yourself, which you have clearly done here, then you won't get "sensible" offers will you?

Do yourself a favour, stick them on eBay and ride the rollercoaster there. At least that way you *might* get a chance of selling for something near to what you want assuming you get the right people looking.

Although a word of advice...

Pirates of Dark Water - No completed items
Addams Family Values - No completed items
Aero The Acrobat 2 - No completed items
Zero The Kamikazi Squirell - No completed items
Mutant League Hockey - No completed items

Thats 5 of the top 7 or so games you have listed. None of them have sold in the past what 90 days (I think thats the time span on completed listings nowadays) so you must have based your prices on BIN's (as you have mentioned in the post).
Unfortunately the BIN's on eBay are not selling at all, so even an idiot can see that the prices being asked for is too high.

Now sit there and think about this.... If people on eBay ( a much wider audience than the trading folder on this forum) are not paying the prices you based yours on, then what makes you think people who are arguably more clued up on this forum would pay it?

Or is this an early April fools joke? ;)

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm

You could list your gear on Amibay for nothing, with the bonus that no one is allowed to comment on your pricing.
If it's too high, it doesn't sell that's all there is to it.

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Don't know why there is all this discussion, either pay the stated price, haggle or don't post!

Would you take 10 pound plus postage for Truxton?

or maybe 12.50?

RetroRevival

Post by RetroRevival » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Don't know why there is all this discussion, either pay the stated price, haggle or don't post!
Sorry didn't realise you OWNED the internet.... :roll:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 pm

RUOK wrote:Don't know why there is all this discussion, either pay the stated price, haggle or don't post!
Well some of us just wanted to offer some advice to help the sales along. I'm not buying anything just now regardless of price.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I have to agree with everybody else that your vastly overpriced!! A couple of RG Members where selling Complete Shinobi 3's for £7 with postage and 'Chiptune' I believe was selling 'Pocahontas' for £15 including postage.. My local Indy shop is selling a complete Turrican for £4.99 and they go by Ebay price's and undercut them.. Even your Atari 7800 games you where charging £20 for excluding postage stolen goods website are selling for £1.99 with postage!! You where selling Gunbird PS2 £5 excluding postage Amazon 1p + postage

You can charge what you want but good luck with selling that lot; I noticed on your other sales thread you've only managed to sell a few £2 - £3 items... You where also given a lot of this for free or very cheaply from people here..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 pm

To think I sold my copy of castlevania first generation for £15. :(

Anyway I'll be watching if mega 6 goes down in price. Can't justify anywhere close to the price now considering the lack of job though.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Shinobi wrote:I have to agree with everybody else that your vastly overpriced!! A couple of RG Members where selling Complete Shinobi 3's for £7 with postage and 'Chiptune' I believe was selling 'Pocahontas' for £15 including postage.. My local Indy shop is selling a complete Turrican for £4.99 and they go by Ebay price's and undercut them.. Even your Atari 7800 games you where charging £20 for excluding postage stolen goods website are selling for £1.99 with postage!! You where selling Gunbird PS2 £5 excluding postage Amazon 1p + postage

You can charge what you want but good luck with selling that lot; I noticed on your other sales thread you've only managed to sell a few £2 - £3 items... You where also given a lot of this for free or very cheaply from people here..
lol well string me up for not checking every tom, censored and harry shop around the world to make sure im cheaper than them all :lol:

Everybody seems to use Ebay as a guide and as I've mentioned time and time again in this thread I used Ebay current and completed listings to get an idea of what the games are worth - im happy to accept sensible offers if people disagree.. Like I've already said im not going to check 80ish prices every day and constantly change my prices, but if people can show an equivilant condition item on Ebay then I'll gladly try to under-cut that price.

Out of all those Mega Drive games listed there's a grand total of x3 that I was given over my 4yr period on YouTube - again ive stated my position on things that were sent through as gifts and things ive sent out to people over the years - if you don't agree then so be it - unsubscribe from this thread and move on :wink:

Anyway this is the last reply im going to make with regards to comments made - im not sure what the forums stance is with regards to 'thread spoiling' but if its going to cause further problems then I'll happily remove the thread/post and leave it at that.

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I didn't mean to come across so abrupt so apologies for that.

However, in sales its good to start with a high price - then you have room to negotiate

I agree some of these listed prices are high, but that doesn't mean this gentleman isn't open to negotiation. In fact he has already said he will accept offers.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:54 pm

XFile2708 wrote:every tom, censored and harry
now that made me chuckle :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

RetroRevival

Post by RetroRevival » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:29 pm

im not sure what the forums stance is with regards to 'thread spoiling'
It's probably the same stance as the one allowing people to post extremely high prices for sales items hoping that a muppet will come along and pay them :lol:

In all seriousness, you have all but fudged your chances up on here, better pack you bags and try somewhere else, like this maybe...

http://tinyurl.com/6jrhge8

Waka Waka :wink: