No longer available for sale..

Buy, trade, and sell retro games!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
XFile2708
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Billingham, Teesside

No longer available for sale..

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 am

post removed
Last edited by XFile2708 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jb1014
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: woking

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by jb1014 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 am

:shock: Where do you get those prices from? OK, Alien Soldier and a few others go for about what you're asking, but most of those are a few quid off ebay (that's what I paid for them anyway). Sure you weren't using Spence as a price setter? Think you might be waiting a very long time to sell them at those prices.

User avatar
XFile2708
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Billingham, Teesside

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:43 am

jb1014 wrote::shock: Where do you get those prices from? OK, Alien Soldier and a few others go for about what you're asking, but most of those are a few quid off ebay (that's what I paid for them anyway). Sure you weren't using Spence as a price setter? Think you might be waiting a very long time to sell them at those prices.
They were all priced up using Fleabay a few days ago - they were cheaper than the cheapest BINs at the time and were also compared against Completed Listings as well... 8)

jb1014
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: woking

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by jb1014 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:59 am

You could always wrap a bit of cling film around them and add a zero to each price like this chap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUXTON-SEGA- ... 51a094ffcc

:lol:

User avatar
XFile2708
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Billingham, Teesside

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 am

jb1014 wrote:You could always wrap a bit of cling film around them and add a zero to each price like this chap:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUXTON-SEGA- ... 51a094ffcc

:lol:
Blimey my Truxton is well under priced - better get wrapping those cases and increasing all the prices :lol:

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3158
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by RetroBob » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 am

I know that your collection are your games, owned by you, you can do what you want with them absolutely - but let's not forget, a not insignificant number of people from the YT community gave you games for free (probably not these ones!), or for much reduced prices or "generous" trades... some for the sake of giving and others to get a mention on your channel. Like I said, these are your games and I don't know your personal situation further than what you've said on FB, but personally it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to see everything being sold at full whack (but not rip off BIN prices above). Have you considered passing on some of this charity?
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
tachi
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:47 pm
Location: Dartmoor
Contact:

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by tachi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 am

Personally while I agree some of the prices are a little higher than I have seen them on Fleabay I think suggesting someone to give them away free is a teensy bit cheeky.
I have seen on a number of occasions people adding items I've sent free of charge to their sales threads and while it does make me smirk I don't question it, the choice is theirs and frankly I would never consider suggesting they redact this and put it back for free as the item is now theirs and certainly would never suggest someone take a high priced item off sale and give it away instead.
So I for one say good luck to the man, I hope they sell well :)
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

User avatar
XFile2708
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Billingham, Teesside

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 am

RetroBob wrote:I know that your collection are your games, owned by you, you can do what you want with them absolutely - but let's not forget, a not insignificant number of people from the YT community gave you games for free (probably not these ones!), or for much reduced prices or "generous" trades... some for the sake of giving and others to get a mention on your channel. Like I said, these are your games and I don't know your personal situation further than what you've said on FB, but personally it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to see everything being sold at full whack (but not rip off BIN prices above). Have you considered passing on some of this charity?
Sorry matey thats a discussion ive already had on my FB - yes some items were sent to me as donations, most of which were sent as thank yous for either inspiring people to start collecting or thank yous for the time and effort I put into what I did on my YouTube channel... Nothing was ever sent on the basis of 'I expect you to keep this forever' - infact more often than not things were sent with 'here's a donation for all your hard work, feel free to keep it or trade/sell it on if its something you don't want'...

Likewise all the 'brucie-bonuses' I sent over the years were never sent on the basis I expected them all to be wanted or to be kept forever - again they were always sent on the basis that if it wasn't something of interest then to feel free to trade or sell it on for something else...

Anyway im not wanting to get into debates on this thread - I've explained what I have above and would like to leave it at that.

And getting back to the prices - Ive already stated these were done a few days ago and at the time were cheaper than the cheapest BIN prices and also compared to what similar items were actually selling for on 'completed listings'... If people arent happy with the prices they're more than happy to make a sensible offer 8)

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3158
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by RetroBob » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:57 am

tachi wrote:Personally while I agree some of the prices are a little higher than I have seen them on Fleabay I think suggesting someone to give them away free is a teensy bit cheeky.
I have seen on a number of occasions people adding items I've sent free of charge to their sales threads and while it does make me smirk I don't question it, the choice is theirs and frankly I would never consider suggesting they redact this and put it back for free as the item is now theirs and certainly would never suggest someone take a high priced item off sale and give it away instead.
So I for one say good luck to the man, I hope they sell well :)
I certainly wasn't suggesting giving these games away, in fact I didn't suggest anything specific. Perhaps not the best thread to bring this up in but had been meaning to pass on my thoughts when I had time, which as I write from my bed on a Saturday morning, I have right now!
XFile2708 wrote:
RetroBob wrote:I know that your collection are your games, owned by you, you can do what you want with them absolutely - but let's not forget, a not insignificant number of people from the YT community gave you games for free (probably not these ones!), or for much reduced prices or "generous" trades... some for the sake of giving and others to get a mention on your channel. Like I said, these are your games and I don't know your personal situation further than what you've said on FB, but personally it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to see everything being sold at full whack (but not rip off BIN prices above). Have you considered passing on some of this charity?
Sorry matey thats a discussion ive already had on my FB - yes some items were sent to me as donations, most of which were sent as thank yous for either inspiring people to start collecting or thank yous for the time and effort I put into what I did on my YouTube channel... Nothing was ever sent on the basis of 'I expect you to keep this forever' - infact more often than not things were sent with 'here's a donation for all your hard work, feel free to keep it or trade/sell it on if its something you don't want'...

Likewise all the 'brucie-bonuses' I sent over the years were never sent on the basis I expected them all to be wanted or to be kept forever - again they were always sent on the basis that if it wasn't something of interest then to feel free to trade or sell it on for something else...

Anyway im not wanting to get into debates on this thread - I've explained what I have above and would like to leave it at that.

And getting back to the prices - Ive already stated these were done a few days ago and at the time were cheaper than the cheapest BIN prices and also compared to what similar items were actually selling for on 'completed listings'... If people arent happy with the prices they're more than happy to make a sensible offer 8)
Ah ok, I wondered if someone had already mentioned it. I've said my piece anyway.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
XFile2708
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Billingham, Teesside

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:02 am

RetroBob wrote: Ah ok, I wondered if someone had already mentioned it. I've said my piece anyway.
Not a problem matey - it was done to death on my FaceBook page a few weeks ago :lol:

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26634
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:19 am

XFile2708 wrote:
jb1014 wrote::shock: Where do you get those prices from? OK, Alien Soldier and a few others go for about what you're asking, but most of those are a few quid off ebay (that's what I paid for them anyway). Sure you weren't using Spence as a price setter? Think you might be waiting a very long time to sell them at those prices.
They were all priced up using Fleabay a few days ago - they were cheaper than the cheapest BINs at the time and were also compared against Completed Listings as well... 8)
BINs should never be used as a price guide, since they're almost universally optimistic. Use completed listings only, and even then check the item has actually sold and what the postage is. Discount the occasional mad high prices that some gullible/rich idiots pay, take an average of the mod range ones. If there's also a load of cheapos, even unsold ones, then that's probably your price, if not a bit under.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

jb1014
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: woking

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by jb1014 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:23 am

ok, I offer you my eternal gratitude if you'll let me have the lot. I could pay the postage at a stretch I suppose... :lol:

User avatar
samhain81
Posts: 2392
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Hazuki Residence

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by samhain81 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 am

How did you price Landstalker at £25? The last 3 completed auctions went for £16, 20, and latest £25inc? :?

Hyperstone Heist for £70? The last completed auction went for £22, and a BIN which wasn't sold, was at £42 :?

And your prices don't even include P&P :shock:

Don't know if trolling with prices...or srs

If srs, please pass me some of what your smoking, have had a hard week :lol:

User avatar
XFile2708
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am
Location: Billingham, Teesside

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by XFile2708 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:31 am

Guys if you're not happy with the prices then either make an offer or stop thread spoiling... nobodies forcing you to pay the prices :lol:

User avatar
samhain81
Posts: 2392
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Hazuki Residence

Re: FS: PAL Mega Drive 'rares'

Post by samhain81 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:33 am

XFile2708 wrote:Guys if you're not happy with the prices then either make an offer or stop thread spoiling... nobodies forcing you to pay the prices :lol:
£30 for Hyperstone Heist and Landstalker

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests