UPDATE: PHOTOS GPD XD & Retroid Pocket 2 for sale - will under cut eBay trades considered

Buy, trade, and sell retro games!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

c0nfu53d

UPDATE: PHOTOS GPD XD & Retroid Pocket 2 for sale - will under cut eBay trades considered

Post by c0nfu53d » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:53 pm

I'll keep these up for the next week and then put them on ebay.

The retroid was brand new a couple of weeks ago and is updated to Android 8. Left Analog has some drift when in mouse mode but not during gameplay or anything else. It's not the analog that's at fault but because android normally has a touch screen it isn't suppose to be used this way. I honestly don't know why they didn't use a touch screen. £80 plus £5 p&p

The GPD is used but good condition and has been updated to latest CFW and runs Android 4.4 so you may need to use older versions of certain emulators £65 plus £5 p&p

Was experimenting with Dreamcast and Saturn emulation but neither device is good enough really. Will get photos up shortly.
Last edited by c0nfu53d on Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

rossi46

Re: GPD XD & Retroid Pocket 2 for sale - will under cut eBay trades considered

Post by rossi46 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:04 pm

What emulators were you using for Saturn and DC?

My GPD plays Saturn games very well indeed. Not all of them, mind, but most. All the Panzer Dragoons (inc. Saga), Virtua Fighter 2, Die Hard Arcade, Nights, etc all are 60fps. The 2D titles like Guardian Heroes don't even tax the machine at all. I was miffed that I couldn't get Sega Rally running properly, though. I use the paid version of Yaba Sanshiro for all my Saturn games. Radiant Silvergun and Taru Maru are gems.
Thoughts and prayers.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 pm

Do you have an XD or XD plus? There are 2 models. I can't remember off hand which emus I use for Saturn but daytona ran badly. I probably just need to adjust the settings a bit.

I use Reicast for DC emulation.

I have decided to invest in a GPD win Max as this will run most stuff even PS2 up to a point. And PC games too, there are several Japanese doujin like Tomoyo Fighter and Melon Squash for example.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:51 pm

Reicast was good for a while but it's long been surpassed by Redream and Flycast, both of which are available for Android. DEmul is better still, but is closed source and Windows only.

Yaba Sanshiro is certainly the best Saturn emulator for Android but Kronos, Mednafen and SSF all offer a lot more features for Windows users.

On the Win Max front, GPD just announced a new model featuring the Ryzen 7 5800U which should be a real emulation powerhouse. Even Wii U and Switch emulation are going to be possible on it, at least as much as they are on any PC. I've had a lot of good years out of my original GPD Win, but I think the time might have arrived to finally pull the trigger on an upgrade.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am

Matt_B wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:51 pm
Reicast was good for a while but it's long been surpassed by Redream and Flycast, both of which are available for Android. DEmul is better still, but is closed source and Windows only.

On the Win Max front, GPD just announced a new model featuring the Ryzen 7 5800U which should be a real emulation powerhouse. Even Wii U and Switch emulation are going to be possible on it, at least as much as they are on any PC. I've had a lot of good years out of my original GPD Win, but I think the time might have arrived to finally pull the trigger on an upgrade.
I did look for redream but couldn't find it anywhere.

Is the new Win Max the GPD WIN 3? I decided to pass on that as I wanted a clamshell GPD. The Win 3 is a beast specs wise though.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:24 am

c0nfu53d wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:51 am
I did look for redream but couldn't find it anywhere.
The Android version should be on the Play Store.

If you're looking for other platforms, you can download from here:

https://redream.io/download

I'm guessing that you know where to go for BIOS (an open source one is built in but using the original will improve compatibility) and ISO files.
Is the new Win Max the GPD WIN 3? I decided to pass on that as I wanted a clamshell GPD. The Win 3 is a beast specs wise though.
No, this is going to be a revision of the GPD Win Max, so the clamshell and real keyboard are back. You can read some more details here:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-confi ... 952.0.html

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:44 am

Interesting. It's not out until the end of the year though so I'll probably just get the normal win Max. I'm a bit impatient sometimes.
Matt_B wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:24 am
The Android version should be on the Play Store.

If you're looking for other platforms, you can download from here:

https://redream.io/download

I'm guessing that you know where to go for BIOS (an open source one is built in but using the original will improve compatibility) and ISO files.

I think the problem is the GPD XD only runs Android 4.4 and redream requires a minimum of 5.0 so it didn't show up on the play store.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:37 am

Ah well, scratch that recommendation then.

On the plus side, at least you won't have to worry about the OS going out of date with the Win Max.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:45 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:37 am
Ah well, scratch that recommendation then.

On the plus side, at least you won't have to worry about the OS going out of date with the Win Max.
Or GPD win 2 even, I don't really need it to be as powerful as the max