Next Let's All Play

This is a new sub-forum that will feature all posts relevant for each monthly game readers will be participating in.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: Next Let's All Play

Post by 647 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:00 am

Sepp Salerno wrote:Quackshot sucks? Bull f**kin sh*t. Top megadrive title, and even if you don't like the game itself, you can't say it sucks, it made loads out of the hardware, and not forgetting it was one of the older titles. Impressive stuff whatever way you look at it, so you're talkin some dismissive w**k.

P.S Zelda 2 is underrated.
WOAH! Your crazy! I own Quackshot, and it is bad! Zelda 2 is the best Zelda, and it would be fitting beacuse it's his 25th anniversary. I want you to pick Zelda 2. Do it for error! Do it for Ganon! Do it for me!

P.S Why did you curse? that's rude,vulgar, and mean!

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm

647 wrote:
Sepp Salerno wrote:Quackshot sucks? Bull f**kin sh*t. Top megadrive title, and even if you don't like the game itself, you can't say it sucks, it made loads out of the hardware, and not forgetting it was one of the older titles. Impressive stuff whatever way you look at it, so you're talkin some dismissive w**k.

WOAH! Your crazy! I own Quackshot, and it is bad! Zelda 2 is the best Zelda, and it would be fitting beacuse it's his 25th anniversary. I want you to pick Zelda 2. Do it for error! Do it for Ganon! Do it for me!

Sorry, you're right mate, there is no need to swear - and I do it too much.

But you're wrong.

You not liking it is one thing, but to say it sucks is stupid. Might not be everyones cup of tea, but if you remember when it came out how off the head amazing it looks, and then you stand back and take in how well it's aged. You can't just say - It's rubbish. That's just nonsense.

There isn't one thing wrong with the gameplay, graphics, music or the game mechanics. How can it suck? Sorry, I'm not shifting on this EVER.
I mean, I hate the Halo games, but I'd never say they sucked - because they don't. I just don't like them. There are games on the other hand that do suck, and don't work properly. Dragons Lair on the NES springs to mind.

Post by 647 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm

yeah, sorry for saying it sucks. no game sucks (now, ET is a different matter...) and, yes, I loved Quackshot. my bud (sorry. Mate) had it and it blew me away! being part of the nintendo stronghold, I never toched that game again. The only reson I'm doing Zelda 2 is beacuse, well, I loved that game,mate! (no, I had and hated the gamemate) Quackshot would be very intresting. but tell me. when was the last NES article in retro gamer? can we plese step away from our amiga`s and dust off our little gray box?

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 pm

We did a 'Lets all play' of paper boy and I played the NES port the most :P Love that game

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:11 am

I'm going to throw a slightly more obscure one into the mix here and say Mighty Final Fight on the NES.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:49 pm

themightymartin wrote:I'm going to throw a slightly more obscure one into the mix here and say Mighty Final Fight on the NES.
Man, that really is :lol:

Maybe we should just do Final Fight? See how the differnt ports stack up as I've got it a few times.

Post by 647 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:37 am

I still think that we should do Zelda 2. What do you think, Darren?

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:56 am

Maybe we should just do Final Fight? See how the differnt ports stack up as I've got it a few times.
I like the idea of that. SNES and Mega CD versions spring to mind (I believe there was a Spectrum port too but I have never played it). I think we'd probably have to leave out Mighty Final Fight though, as it's pretty much a totally different game.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 am

How has choosing the game worked in the past? It's great that we are keen with suggesting games, but could do with an indication from Darren and co if there is space for this feature in the mag and if so, a direction on which game to go with. It may be that there are no plans for more Let's all Play at this time.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Sepp Salerno wrote:
647 wrote:

Sorry, you're right mate, there is no need to swear - and I do it too much.

But you're wrong.

You not liking it is one thing, but to say it sucks is stupid. Might not be everyones cup of tea, but if you remember when it came out how off the head amazing it looks, and then you stand back and take in how well it's aged. You can't just say - It's rubbish. That's just nonsense.

There isn't one thing wrong with the gameplay, graphics, music or the game mechanics. How can it suck? Sorry, I'm not shifting on this EVER.
I mean, I hate the Halo games, but I'd never say they sucked - because they don't. I just don't like them. There are games on the other hand that do suck, and don't work properly. Dragons Lair on the NES springs to mind.
Quackshot was a cracking lil title that I would still own if it weren't for my cousin selling it by accident when I leant it to her. ¬_¬. Really fun design, good graphics, cracking soundtrack, fluid motion and fun mechanics....even if you dislike it, you can't say it sucked for what it managed!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

RetroBob wrote:How has choosing the game worked in the past? It's great that we are keen with suggesting games, but could do with an indication from Darren and co if there is space for this feature in the mag and if so, a direction on which game to go with. It may be that there are no plans for more Let's all Play at this time.
I'm sure in the Super Castlevania IV issue it said that the next one was going to be Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 but no threads have appeared relating to it.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Post by 647 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Let's just do pattycake insted. I love that game and it would be a great April Fool's day joke.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm

dste wrote:
RetroBob wrote:How has choosing the game worked in the past? It's great that we are keen with suggesting games, but could do with an indication from Darren and co if there is space for this feature in the mag and if so, a direction on which game to go with. It may be that there are no plans for more Let's all Play at this time.
I'm sure in the Super Castlevania IV issue it said that the next one was going to be Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 but no threads have appeared relating to it.
Diddy Kong racing :( I wasnt best pleased when I saw that was the next 'let's all play'
Not my cup of tea at all

Riddler

Post by Riddler » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Hey guy's,

Let's all play....Crazy Taxi

I've gone back to it after years and it's still fresh as a daisy. Also you can get it on download if you don't have a DC.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Pretty shocked thats not already happened to be honest :D