AXELAY SHMUP GOODNESS - Why Do We Remember AXELAY

This is a new sub-forum that will feature all posts relevant for each monthly game readers will be participating in.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

elcarohw

AXELAY SHMUP GOODNESS - Why Do We Remember AXELAY

Post by elcarohw » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:51 pm

This truly an incredible shooter and for many reason we all have certain things in games in which they remain burned into or memories allowing us to recall what we love or what disgust us about our beloved game's and the experiences they leave us with. First off I have always believed Axelay was greater than the sum of its parts, as I have very fond memories of staying up late till the wee hours of the morning playing this game with my best friend seeing who could get the highest score, as it goes with most games.I remember being so blown away with the mode 7 effects I could not peel myself away from the television, it was one of those types of games for me at least and I am sure many other as well ,making this game that more memorable for me and i am sure many others as well, as it had both horizontal and parallel shooting levels which was a first for me and the bosses were huger than life especially for that time in gaming history you never saw bosses that detailed and that large it was almost un heard of back then or at least still in the its in fancies to say the least,this game is still highly sought after to this very day and conveyed by many collector's and even more so of collector's of Shmups and rightfully so as this game is a magnificent example Shmup goodness and a must have for any Shmup fan or i should say any hardcore gamers and even the casual gamers as this game is just that good ,and thanks to Darran's let's play only rekindled my ever so fond memories of playing this game and I thank him for sharing this much over looked and often forgotten gem from a time long passed never forgotten and often remembered from yesteryear's golden age of gaming cheers............elcarohw...(aka) the old fart gamer

nokgod

Re: AXELAY SHMUP GOODNESS - Why Do We Remember AXELAY

Post by nokgod » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:29 pm

I know you're excited, but i think you need to use a full stop now and again. I'm out of breath reading that! :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

elcarohw

Re: AXELAY SHMUP GOODNESS - Why Do We Remember AXELAY

Post by elcarohw » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:03 pm

nokgod wrote:I know you're excited, but i think you need to use a full stop now and again. I'm out of breath reading that! :wink:
sorry about that i thought i put in a few but probaly a few to little lol cheers thank for the comment though i hope you like it cheers !!!!!