This is a new sub-forum that will feature all posts relevant for each monthly game readers will be participating in.
Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 8:37 am
- Location: The North West, England
With out any doubt it has to be the Amiga 500 & PS1 version.
" Thank the Lord I packed my underpants "
- Posts: 10152
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:33 am
Softspot for the C64 version, Chunky sprites n all, 1st version i played.Best?Had to be the PS1 ver.espically liked new backdrop version on the twin pack.
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:40 pm
- Location: Hampshire, England
It has to be the Amstrad version! The graphics are spot on, music is fine and the gameplay is great!
- Posts: 5955
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:28 pm
- Location: Leeds England
Another vote for the CPC version, not only does it look the business but it plays so well. It's just technically so impressive, the most accurate conversion has to be the Megadrive.
- Posts: 589
- Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:31 pm
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
I grew up with the Amstrad version. Not only was it a graphical masterpiece for the machine, but unlike other conversions the difficulty was just right.
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:44 pm
- Location: Wigan
I think the C64 version was one of the machine's last great conversions, looked lovely but, more importantly, played like a dream.
- Posts: 1687
- Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm
- Location: Wales
Fogot all about the C64 version. I used to py thatloads as well. s a prety decent port considering
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 am
This is a toughie, but as I have played the speccy version more as a kid then I would have to say the Speccy.
- Posts: 413
- Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:58 pm
- Location: Swindon UK
The Amstrad version was pretty tight though most of the magic was lost with a green monitor. Ps1 was the definative conversion.
- Posts: 736
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:19 am
C64 every time
Not just one of the best conversions, one of the best games ever on the system (if not the best)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest