SOR2 - Best character

This is a new sub-forum that will feature all posts relevant for each monthly game readers will be participating in.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Shinobi

Re: SOR2 - Best character

Post by Shinobi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:15 am

Blaze she's the best character on all 3 (and I prefer using the female characters) it's also easy to 1 credit it with her.. I normally used to play 2 players with me friend who used Axel.. I still play through Blaze even now
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Everyone seems to love them, but I never like slow hulkin characters in brawlers, like them quick but strong. Max is awesome, and does the most damage, but he can't cut it when it comes to the quick, ninjutsu style opponents

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:54 pm

Sepp Salerno wrote:Everyone seems to love them, but I never like slow hulkin characters in brawlers, like them quick but strong. Max is awesome, and does the most damage, but he can't cut it when it comes to the quick, ninjutsu style opponents
Dash---> Slide nearly indestructable against ninjas.. Multiple hit then grab due to loverly quirks in the animation grab and wham! trust me on this
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:
Sepp Salerno wrote:Everyone seems to love them, but I never like slow hulkin characters in brawlers, like them quick but strong. Max is awesome, and does the most damage, but he can't cut it when it comes to the quick, ninjutsu style opponents
Dash---> Slide nearly indestructable against ninjas.. Multiple hit then grab due to loverly quirks in the animation grab and wham! trust me on this
:lol: Sir, on inspection, you indeed have the science and the formula
:P

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Sepp Salerno wrote:
Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:
:lol: Sir, on inspection, you indeed have the science and the formula
:P
Check the guide on the Retroleague thing I posted somewhere whole host of tips there!
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Tough one. All of them have their strong points - Skate sitting on the enemies' shoulders and punching them repeatedly is good for a laugh; Max has by far the most powerful move in the game, the knee drop; Blaze is well balanced and shows a bit of knicker; and Axel has my favourite move set, with the Grand Upper foremost in the awesome stakes, and is the character I play best with. Blaze it is then!
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Axel for me, the grand upper was too good a move.

Eat your nans pants

thl

Post by thl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:25 am

I usually play as Axel, who was very much ready to kick some ass in the game. Also I had a soft spot for Blaze, who's well balanced and has some devastating moves meaning that she's not just pretty, but deadly.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 pm

Going go have to go with Skate as my mate, back in the day, would always pick Axel and it was his Megadrive so i couldn't argue :lol:

They do make a good team though with Axel's strength and Skates speed.

Miketendo

Post by Miketendo » Sat May 01, 2010 4:32 am

Blaze, without a doubt is the best character in the game. WIth a combination of speed and slick moves, she really pulls off a ton of great attacks and is, in my opinion, the most balanced character in the game. Max is too slow, Skate is just annoying, and Axel is just a wannabe Cody from Final FIght.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun May 02, 2010 3:35 pm

I always used to play as blaze, but the more I dig back into this title I'm always rocking Axel

NonShinyGoose

Post by NonShinyGoose » Mon May 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Skate - he can dish out pain as well as take it. Imagine being kicked in the face with a pair of roller blades. That would hurt. A lot.
Gaming Gibberish - http://www.gamesasylum.com
Follow us on TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gamesasylum

360 Gamer Tag: NonShinyGoose

dwitefry

Post by dwitefry » Wed May 05, 2010 4:27 am

Blaze - she can Hadouken. 'Nuff said.

Also I was sexually obsessed with her before I even knew what sexually obsessed was...heh :oops:

MeX

killert2010

Post by killert2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Axel, because he's an all rounder. I always play as the allrounder. I usually prefer Final Fight to SOR though.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US YOU MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:53 am

Love it...this one will always be a great way of killing half an hour no matter how many times I've knocked seven colours of sh*t out of Mr. X over the years! They're all good characters, but Max has been my boy right back since me and my brother (as Axel) used to regularly plough through SOR2 when I was a kid. Although he's slow I don't feel that the pace of the game suffers for it at all, seeing as the screen will always scroll at the same speed Max walks regardless of your character. He's totally unstoppable once you get used to all his moves - and the satisfaction of breaking some poor c***'s back with him definitely puts him top of the list for me! The NOISE....beautiful :lol:
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.