Beach Head - It's Not For Me

This is a new sub-forum that will feature all posts relevant for each monthly game readers will be participating in.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Darran@Retro Gamer

Beach Head - It's Not For Me

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Don't Like Beach Head? Mention it here.

mrspud

Re: Beach Head - It's Not For Me

Post by mrspud » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 am

The bombing of the ships is frustrating. I played the Spectrum version and the angle of the guns doesn't seem to reflect in the path of the bombs (or whatever they are) which makes it a frustrating and rather boring affair remeniscent of Strike It Lucky only with battle ships. Highe!r Lower! Oh, too late I'm dead. It's a bit tedious :(
New Amiga, SAM Coupé and Speccy games available at http://blackjet.co.uk

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm

I could never get into Beach Head either, way too slow and unexciting, driving the ships through the cavern was like watching a fly trying to swim in extremely treaclely treacle, boooorrring give me Raid Over Moscow anyday :)

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:03 am

I Do love the game, but i cannot bring my self to say it`s a classic-Sorry, but to me, only the sequel is really worthy of the tag, 'Classic'.The original, whilst very good just does`nt hold up as well as it`s better brother.As far as a collection of sub games go, i`d rate Desert Fox far higher.( and can we have a feature on Desert Fox too please?)

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Loved the game back in the day - but do you know what I actualyy found it a little (whisper) *boring*. The plane shooting/ship shelling level goes on too long (I know you can speed this up by using the 'secret passage) and as this is the highlight of the game , it actulally makes it quite a dull affair.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"