Beach Head - Best Moment

This is a new sub-forum that will feature all posts relevant for each monthly game readers will be participating in.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Last Ginja

Re: Beach Head - Best Moment

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:14 am

The whole tank level, which as you got more tanks through had more defences, and when you finally made it through a huge mound with a MASSIVE gun on it. I got to this section many, many times before finally completing it, but the white flag was worth it!!! Still it was no hassle to go back and replay all the earlier bits again and again!

In hindsight, the dictator was a bit of an idiot, he really should have kept the gun pointing forward......

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

for me shooting the kamikaze fighters down was Beach Head - the other bits were a bit forgettable

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Getting over each stage took me some time. With every new game, I managed to keep one more ship alive. The tank path was the hardest to master, so just reaching the fortress was a very rewarding experience. This means of course that the very best moment was the first time I managed to shoot the last fortress' white square with my only remaining tank and see the great cannon finally blow up.
Then I realised that I could raise the difficulty level...

khisanth

Post by khisanth » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Hmmmm probably the final bit shooting the holes of the big gun as the time runs out. The tense anticipation is pant wetting, desperately trying to finish it before the gun turns round and BOOM :shock:

vanhelsing

Post by vanhelsing » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Don't know. I couldn't get past the first level! 8)

vanhelsing

Post by vanhelsing » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:05 pm

ipmarks wrote:The way the huge gun would slowly turn towards you, and the knowledge that if you slipped up too many times failing to shoot all the little squares then it would blow your bloody head off. Really edge of the seat stuff for it's day.

Really liked Beach Head.... it was also the first game I copied off a friend on a tape to tape recorder that actually worked (I'd better keep quiet about that one, or I'll get one of them solicitors letters that's going around).
You weren't the only one to to make your own game compilations but I never tried it myself