Rarest PS2 Games

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Ted Playa

Rarest PS2 Games

Post by Ted Playa » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:18 am

Last week we took a look at Rare PS1 games. This weeks video covers Rare PS2 games
https://youtu.be/BF15kbuZMGg

Bammer

Re: Rarest PS2 Games

Post by Bammer » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Funny, I was looking around YouTube for this exact topic and saw your video! The most frustrating thing about collectiong and searching local ps2/1 games is when sellers do the ole' eBay price check. "Oh, Castlevania sold for $120? I'll ask $110 firm!"

Anyway, great video, there's a few I hadn't even seen before! If you're an avid PS2 fan, do you have any preferences on the most optimal PS2 setup? I'm currently getting a CRT/component setup, hopefully it's much better than my hdtv
LGT

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:01 pm

Bammer wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:12 pm
Funny, I was looking around YouTube for this exact topic and saw your video! The most frustrating thing about collectiong and searching local ps2/1 games is when sellers do the ole' eBay price check. "Oh, Castlevania sold for $120? I'll ask $110 firm!"

Anyway, great video, there's a few I hadn't even seen before! If you're an avid PS2 fan, do you have any preferences on the most optimal PS2 setup? I'm currently getting a CRT/component setup, hopefully it's much better than my hdtv
You're right, this has been the bane of collecting since not long after they introduced the BIN; there've always been jokers on ebay even back in the early days, but most people seemed to start with low start prices (some like me still do!).
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Ted Playa

Post by Ted Playa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:51 am

Hey Playas,

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch my video. It's great to hear from other members here. I'm glad the topic was of interest.

@bammer I use an upscaler and capture the footage to stream on Twitch. My set up isn't top of the line but it's the best I can get at an affordable price. I've been thinking of making a video explaining the set up for others.
Currently I only have a slim model, my fat decide to stop working. So I haven't been able to play blue discs lately. I need to pick up a different model.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 pm

how rare is a copy of FIRE PRO WRESTLING RETURNS, as far as this country is concerned?
might not be the most expensive, but for numbers of physical copies here?

i should know
i have a copy
*smug*

Ted Playa

Post by Ted Playa » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:04 am

mr jenzie wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 pm
how rare is a copy of FIRE PRO WRESTLING RETURNS, as far as this country is concerned?
might not be the most expensive, but for numbers of physical copies here?

i should know
i have a copy
*smug*
I don't know what the print run was, wikipedia might have info on that.
The game is uncommon and like you mention inexpensive.