Doom II Nintendo Switch - The Nostalgia Half Hour

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

You've Been Gamed

Doom II Nintendo Switch - The Nostalgia Half Hour

Post by You've Been Gamed » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:29 am

Doom II (full title Doom II: Hell on Earth) is a first-person shooter video game, the second title of id Software's Doom franchise. It was originally released for MS-DOS computers in 1994 and Macintosh computers in 1995. Unlike Doom, which was initially only available through shareware and mail order, Doom II was a commercial release sold in stores. Master Levels for Doom II, an expansion pack that includes 21 new levels, was released on December 26, 1995 by id Software.

Due to its success and popularity, Doom II was later released for the Game Boy Advance in 2002, on Xbox Live Arcade in 2010, and on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in 2019. The release of the original Doom source code has facilitated ports to many other platforms, including the Apple iPhone and several other types of smart phones.

Join me as I play 30 minutes or so from the very beginning of this classic game, and if you would like me to play more then please let me know in the comments.

During the course of The Nostalgia Half Hour I will be playing a variety of games that I played growing up, and maybe a few that I missed out on but wish I had! If you have any suggestions for future episodes then please leave them below in the comments, and don't forget to like the video and subscribe to my channel for more exciting content!

https://youtu.be/0KONAnBk4jE
Attachments
Doom II.png
Doom II.png (3.55 MiB) Viewed 71 times