The Retro Games Magazine Show Episode 2 - Zzap! 64 Issue 1

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

You've Been Gamed

The Retro Games Magazine Show Episode 2 - Zzap! 64 Issue 1

Post by You've Been Gamed » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Hey all! Episode 2 of my new YouTube show is now live, and it features the first ever edition of Zzap! 64 from May 1985. In the video I flick through the entire magazine, as well as show you a little gameplay footage from some of my favourite games featured. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks everyone, have a great week!

https://youtu.be/SELy-bcOjl4
Attachments
RETRO GAMES MAG 1.png
RETRO GAMES MAG 1.png (1.46 MiB) Viewed 64 times

Crusty Starfish

Re: The Retro Games Magazine Show Episode 2 - Zzap! 64 Issue 1

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:03 am

I loved Zzap!64 and issue 1 is a classic... but I can't quite bring myself to sit through over an hour of reviewing it!

I did skip forward (a lot) and enjoyed what I stopped to watch though :)

You've Been Gamed

Post by You've Been Gamed » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:20 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:03 am
I loved Zzap!64 and issue 1 is a classic... but I can't quite bring myself to sit through over an hour of reviewing it!

I did skip forward (a lot) and enjoyed what I stopped to watch though :)
Thanks for watching what you did! I'm trying to find ways to make the videos shorter, but without some serious editing it's tough. I'm not sure I possess the editing skills either to make it a professional looking video. It's probably why I'm barely getting any views though, so I need to find a way!

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:36 pm

Well, for one, you spend a long time reminiscing whilst stuck on a single page. I love a good memory story but you spend a little too much time on it imho.

Maybe, to get the double page rather than struggle with single pages - go to http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap1/zzap1.html as there you can see the mag as it was supposed to be! :)

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:19 am

Take this with salt because I'm only halfway through Crash issue 1 and not this yet but I did think they were lengthy videos.

And just judging from that one half video, I wouldn't both slowing down and enlarging so we can read it, link to the sites that host these things and you can just flick and talk. People can read along easily enough.

The other suggestions in my brain are mostly in the "I take a different approach to this problem" rather than things you're doing in your style I think you can improve so I won't write a huge long post on it, if you want to discuss the whole thing, or maybe I can show you some of how I'm editing (which is pretty simple) then feel free to PM.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com