My new show The Nostalgia Half Hour

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Laird

Re: My new show The Nostalgia Half Hour

Post by The Laird » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:10 am

It's funny how you only ever pop up to criticise me. :roll:

Haven't seen ANY posts from you "encouraging people". Practice what you preach eh?

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:42 am

Criticise you? I was addressing the issue as a whole here in this thread, and I have on many occasion commended people for their work and course them out to contribute, just not in the same light as you.

I haven't been active here, due to the fact I'm so busy working on projects, so have little or no time these days, unlike many in sure. But since you've called me out on it.

@ The Nostalgia Half Hour, welcome to the Retro Gamer forum, I personally hope you have a pleasant stay here at the forum and that while sharing you excellent high production value videos, that you can take the time to tell us all, how and why you got started in all of this, I would, like many here would love to hear about. This is a great community and you could be missing out on lots of things if your intent is to post videos only.

Thanks again. And thanks Laird for bringing it to my attention to be more pro-active with new members here at the forum 8)
↓↓Click Banners to See More↓↓
ImageImage

You've Been Gamed

Post by You've Been Gamed » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:04 pm

My humble apologies for not 'reading the rules.'

Thanks so much for the welcome Greyfox, and to Crusty Starfish for your nice comments also. I appreciate your comments on my videos very much. I got into gaming as a way to cope with my autism, and I find it helps me a great deal. I've always been into gaming, since I was 10, in the days of the good old speccy and Commodore 64. Making the videos is a very scary thing to be honest! I'm too scared to actually appear on camera, although I hope to one day. It took all I had to even commentate!

I'm glad to hear you think my videos are good, that means a lot to me. Obviously I will not be posting any more, as I don't want to go upsetting the more nasty elements around here that can't forgive a mistake. It's actually one of the main reasons I DON'T engage with too many people on forums, as I find a great many people online to be nasty and opinionated. I only ever post my video links as a means of seeing if they are any good. I have 108 subscribers as it stands. I make zero money from my videos, they are just fun and are a way of me sharing my passion for gaming. It's just a shame that people are so paranoid these days that they have to go on the attack without bothering to find out more about somebody before they do.

I'm happy to hold my hands up and say I didn't see the rule about the 50 posts thing on here. I'm not the sort of person that goes around disobeying rules. In fact my life is all about order and schedules! I wouldn't consider posting a few links as 'spamming' but whatever. I'll hold off and play by the rules, so as not to offend anyone else. Oh and btw Greyfox, I totally agree with what you said about the polite approach. People don't need to go on the offensive from the off. And as for the comment from psj3809 'Wish these people’s posts would be deleted', well, I can't really say what I think about that! I wish negative and aggressive posts like his or hers would also get deleted. The internet would be a far nicer place to browse without people like that.

Thanks again all you lovely positive peeps!
Last edited by You've Been Gamed on Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You've Been Gamed

Post by You've Been Gamed » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:04 pm

22 posts down, 28 more to go! :P

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:57 am

Well, if you keep responding to posts here, those 28 left to go will soon fly bye! :D

You've Been Gamed

Post by You've Been Gamed » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:27 am

That's the plan! Although I hope I don't have too many nasty ones to respond to! I'm all about peace :)

dste

Post by dste » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 am

You've Been Gamed wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:27 am
That's the plan! Although I hope I don't have too many nasty ones to respond to! I'm all about peace :)
You are posting retro gaming related material in the correct section of a retro gaming website, personally I see no problem with that and would just ignore anyone who may have one.

There are other people in this section such as Back in Time Sime who do the same which is fine. Would it be nice if you posted in other sections? Yes. Do you have to post in other sections? Nope.

My only suggestion would to maybe just do a post in the introduce yourself thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15&start=2460

Welcome to the forum. :D
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

You've Been Gamed

Post by You've Been Gamed » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Ah cool thanks for your support. I did try to do the right thing, but like I said, I hold my hands up to not reading the 50 posts rule. If that's truly the way it's done then so be it. I don't like the way people get so offensive, but I guess they see a lot of it and maybe feel attack is the only way to go. Who knows!

I'll definitely take your advice, thanks so much, and thanks for the welcome too. Nice meeting you :)

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Well with it all that out of the way and gremlins have been exposed etc. Again it was great to read your back story, so thanks for sharing that with us. Too many wannabe guard dogs strolling around here, it's bad enough that we've lost so many great people and hoping you won't be one of them 😉

I used to make YouTube videos myself, but simply don't have the time due to other bigger commitments with my new book publishing projects which will get an announcement here in due time for those interested. But hey keep up the great work and appreciate your talent and work. Have a good one.
ImageImage

You've Been Gamed

Post by You've Been Gamed » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am

Greyfox wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 pm
Well with it all that out of the way and gremlins have been exposed etc. Again it was great to read your back story, so thanks for sharing that with us. Too many wannabe guard dogs strolling around here, it's bad enough that we've lost so many great people and hoping you won't be one of them 😉

I used to make YouTube videos myself, but simply don't have the time due to other bigger commitments with my new book publishing projects which will get an announcement here in due time for those interested. But hey keep up the great work and appreciate your talent and work. Have a good one.
My pleasure and thanks for the support. Not sure I'll have time to post 30 more times in here in order to 'spam' my links! I have a bunch more already, but in order to play by the rules I'm not sharing them anymore. It is a very time consuming hobby I agree! That's why I like to share after I guess, so people get to see the fruits of my hard work! Looking forward to hearing about your book!

Thanks again!

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 am

Thanks, fella, you can see the projects in progress here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55179&p=1097825#p1097825 and here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33862&start=90#p1054586

The second one had been sitting on the back burner for like 7 years?..now I think, but if my first one is successful then the Coin-op is a go.

check out the website over at www.greyfoxbooks.com and sign up for the notification of the launch.

ImageImage

dste

Post by dste » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:10 pm

You've Been Gamed wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am
Not sure I'll have time to post 30 more times.
24 more times... :wink:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!