Sometimes I wonder why I carry on making videos.

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gmintyfresh

Sometimes I wonder why I carry on making videos.

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Just had a bit of a run in with a guy on youtube, long story but he's now an ex sub. Don't miss him in the slightest but he was. Bloody rude and didn't offer much in the way of constructive criticism. Anyway do such run ins make you question making vids at all?

bsg

Re: Sometimes I wonder why I carry on making videos.

Post by bsg » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 am

I do it because I love sharing with the community the latest bargains I have foind - but yeah, sometimes it does seem that there are a fewe tossers on there leaving comments...

Didn't realise you had a channel man, just watched a couple and subbed :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/bsg7 < my Youtube games review / collection channel

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

bsg wrote:I do it because I love sharing with the community the latest bargains I have foind - but yeah, sometimes it does seem that there are a fewe tossers on there leaving comments...

Didn't realise you had a channel man, just watched a couple and subbed :D
haha I'm a long time offender! Coming right back at you with the sub.

To be honest I'm normally quite thick skinned about this and both positive and negative criticism is good but this guy came over all elitist like he was doing me a favour watching my channel! This guy is a regular poster on the Shmups system 11 forum and probably one of the reasons I don't post on there much (man that forum is harsh sometimes). It's lovely he told me he wasn't subbing any more and I'm ok with him not watching my channel, 412 people are happy!!

Anyway that's my rant over, the guy is blocked now that's the end of it!!

You're right I agree for me it's about the community, I wish the guy had put his comments in an email and had a communication with me, ah well :D

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 am

I wouldnt worry about it. If he is not posting construtive comments and just being a bit of an elitist censored he is hardly a loss. You are always going to get some censored, especially when it comes to gaming that think he knows it all.

Keep it up. I haven't subbed as I don't tend to sub to many channels because I would never get away from the computer, but your channel is certainly decent enough to have a place on the web. In fact I have no gaming subs at all!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

MrTeddyStarr88

Post by MrTeddyStarr88 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:11 pm

gald your not stoping making video's i think id cry haha im still trying to work this all out :D

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Pretty much going to echo what`s already been said but: Can totally understand where your coming from.If this bloke or indeed any other viewer had a 'beef' with anything on any of the videos, than why not either leave constructive critiscm or drop you a P.M?.seems to me like attention seeking. Sad thing with world today i guess, it seems far easier for (some) people to try and knock the hard work of others, rather than do something creative themslves. Out of interest, Does he/Did he ever do any vids himself? If not, then not really his place to pour scorn on work of others. Let it go over your head, carry on doing what you enjoy.Would`nt let the words of 1 ruin the enjoyment of many.

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah keep making vids mate. You gotta finish your Saturn shooters collection.

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:36 pm

There is a saying: don't let the b'stards grind you down. You have over 400 subscribers, one of which was a bell end. Why spoil the fun for four hundred because one is a censored? I think you know the answer. :wink:
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 am

By my reckoning, 9 out of 10 commenters on YouTube are sub-human idiots. I've got a greasemonkey script installed on Firefox that hides YouTube comments, just in case I accidentally scroll down when watching a video and start despairing of humanity.

thereallocomaniac

Post by thereallocomaniac » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:Just had a bit of a run in with a guy on youtube, long story but he's now an ex sub. Don't miss him in the slightest but he was. Bloody rude and didn't offer much in the way of constructive criticism. Anyway do such run ins make you question making vids at all?
I totally agree with you, ive had the same problem on YouTube with people 2, I dont mind criticism when it's constructive but when people start hating for no valid reason it is annoying.

I love making retro vids, my 8bit wars series on YouTube and for a while I wondered what's the point in making videos was and have actually given up on a few occasions, but I always seem to go back because I just enjoy talking about games and meeting some really cool peeps.

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:04 pm

thereallocomaniac wrote: I love making retro vids, my 8bit wars series on YouTube and for a while I wondered what's the point in making videos was and have actually given up on a few occasions, but I always seem to go back because I just enjoy talking about games and meeting some really cool peeps.
Bingo :D That's the way to be! At the end of the day we are all making vids for free and giving up our own time so if people don't like them there's nothing forcing them to watch. Bugger em.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius