Retrogamer Magazine review on Youtube by Classic Game

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

morfeu

Retrogamer Magazine review on Youtube by Classic Game

Post by morfeu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Just check it out, awesome review :)

I think you guys are going to like it eheh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii8cmCbYAy4
Gothic'PT

Bub&Bob

Re: Retrogamer Magazine review on Youtube by Classic Game

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Other than a few twatty comments its a great bit of advertising for the mag - Loads of people from USA saying they want this mag (although most think the subs price is a little steep)

Darran gets loads of mentions in the comments too!!

One comment made me laugh though:

ScrewAttackEurope
"I can't find it at all in the UK. But I've been asked to do a few articles for them"

Yeh, ok pal!!!!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

harlequ1n

Post by harlequ1n » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Very nice review :) I consider myself very lucky to be able to subscribe here from Spain. I took advantage of the renewal code and purchased another year of retro greatness last month :)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:46 am

I'm surprised there hasn't been more reciprocal advertising in the past. I had a sub to Game Room magazine in the past and its a decent little mag. Much like the Americans, I just found the overseas sub too expensive, though RG is massive in comparison with far more pages of content. GR is a very thin mag with a lot of ads.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Britnostalgic

Post by Britnostalgic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 am

Dare I say it, but RG is my favourite mag at the moment, just gets better and better each month... I suppose it won't be long before it goes global, or made into a TV games show, maybe in the style of the Antiques road show... with Darren as the host :wink:

In fact, thinking about it! Anyone fancy doing a car boot retro road show, monthly for youtube?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:32 am

Really good review of Retro Gamer. You start to realise how lucky we are getting the mag every month. Dont feel too sorry for americans though, i spent years having trouble getting hold of US Football mags and getting them sent over here.

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 am

Bub&Bob wrote:Other than a few twatty comments its a great bit of advertising for the mag - Loads of people from USA saying they want this mag (although most think the subs price is a little steep)

Darran gets loads of mentions in the comments too!!

One comment made me laugh though:

ScrewAttackEurope
"I can't find it at all in the UK. But I've been asked to do a few articles for them"

Yeh, ok pal!!!!
Err, that's Guru Larry. He does loads of things for magazines and television, so all in all I wouldn't be too surprised if I were you :p

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:24 am

Its strange that the US has no equivalent mag given the much larger reader base. Anyway good review, though the viewpoint and waving hands made me think I was in some Wii fps where you cast spells to summon RG issues.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:20 pm

oli_lar wrote:Its strange that the US has no equivalent mag given the much larger reader base. Anyway good review, though the viewpoint and waving hands made me think I was in some Wii fps where you cast spells to summon RG issues.
They do. They have the long established Game Room magazine.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.