So you all know..

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

WildWillyWilson

So you all know..

Post by WildWillyWilson » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:10 pm

I've recently been trolled and attacked on You Tube in the following video amongst others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uBlXyN_u3E

I gave some moral support to someone who was getting bullied and now it seems its my turn.

They have also created a fake account and are leaving abusive comments on certain videos which attack me:

http://www.youtube.com/user/IanWilson11978

I wouldnt want anyone of you who watch my videos to get the wrong end of the stick. I'm going to be taking a break from YT after this as its having a negative effect on me.

Ian.

clarance

Re: So you all know..

Post by clarance » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Fuk man, the geezer ain't worth worrying about - just pretend he isn't there and keep on doing what you want to do.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Pm-ed you Ian. Having seen the Vid.in question?-Just wondering how he got electric going to the bridge he and the rest of the Trolls were living under.

Bloke seems to have some deep rooted issues there as well. :roll:

Ian-it`s the internet. Attracts the best of people and the worst.People who know you are just gonna feel sorry for the person who created the Vid/Made the attacks.

You don`t need to take any action in reply to this attack-It`s like stepping in something unpleasant. you wipe it off and continue on mate.

Easy for me to say i know, but F**k it dude, this bloke ain`t sh*t in life`s bigger picture.

Team Alfie

Post by Team Alfie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:11 am

Wow, aren't we supposed to be getting a YouTube community feature in the next issue of RG? The timing is either impeccable or unfortunate, depending on whether RG prefers high profile internet bitching and spamming or low profile unpacking and collection videos.

I haven't been following the drama properly, but this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXJTJqUq8o - seems theatrical. Is the way he holds up the mask supposed to be the narrative's big Scream-style twist or something? So it was the so-called laid back guy wot dun it? Genius finale. You're all just playacting, right? RIGHT? Oh... :shock:

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:31 am

The YT community still exists and for the most part is still a lot of fun to be part of. Problem is there are always a few rotten apples as Ian has discivered :( who seem determined to cause disruption wherever possible.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

WildWillyWilson

Post by WildWillyWilson » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:59 am

I'm taking a break from YT, I've had tons of PM's and support which has humbled me but I do need some time to clear my head and just take a step back from things. It's all too easy to get too caught up in things... I'll be concentrating on my REAL life for the moment.

I've told Darran to still run with the feature as it would be a shame to let the few areshole's about ruin things.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:37 am

Team Alfie wrote:Wow, aren't we supposed to be getting a YouTube community feature in the next issue of RG? The timing is either impeccable or unfortunate, depending on whether RG prefers high profile internet bitching and spamming or low profile unpacking and collection videos.

I haven't been following the drama properly, but this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzXJTJqUq8o - seems theatrical. Is the way he holds up the mask supposed to be the narrative's big Scream-style twist or something? So it was the so-called laid back guy wot dun it? Genius finale. You're all just playacting, right? RIGHT? Oh... :shock:

I would...like,you know,.......comment and censored....like you know..... on that dudes...like...you know....vid....and like ....you know...stuff...but...like you know..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 am

Lorfarius wrote:The YT community still exists and for the most part is still a lot of fun to be part of. Problem is there are always a few rotten apples as Ian has discivered :( who seem determined to cause disruption wherever possible.

Trolls, Trojans, Spam, Phising scams, Viruses etc etc are all the unpleasant parts of the internet.

As soon as the Human element get`s involved in anything, things start to turn sour.Youtube was never gonna be one big come to jesus type love-in.Just ignore the rotten apples mate.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:04 pm

i posted several comments on your profile and videos but yet none of them went through. the guys that have attacked Ian are the worse kind of troll i have ever had the misfortune to meet online. you did not deserve any of what those guys did to you Ian. hope to see more video's soon dude
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

It's a real shame that you have been pushed away from something you enjoy doing because of idiots like that. As with everyone else here, I'm sure that most people who've been watching your vids, or stumble across your channel will realise that the offensive videos are the work of the mentally-deficient, and nothing to do with you, but I can understand your stance. Some of the accusation levelled at you are truly horrible. That the creators of the videos seem to think they are funny and satirical just goes to show how much detritus there is on the internet today.

I hope you can get back to the things you enjoy soon. Hopefully you'll still update us here on how the collection is going.

takesages

Post by takesages » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm

That's a shame, dood.

Hope you get over it though! You shouldn't let some idiot with too much time on his hands bother you. He's not even remotely worth paying attention to!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:16 am

Sorry to hear that, sadly on the internet you get these idiots. These kids were picked on at school and now its their 'revenge' to be like this from the safety of their own bedroom.

Perhaps turn the comments off when you upload the videos, you can still see how popular/good it is from the number of views ? In the video at the end mention you've turned comments off and say for any comments please post at ..... thread at the RG forum etc.

But yeah to do things such as create Retro Gamer or definately youtube videos you need to have a thick skin ! You dont always hear from the people who like the mag/video but always hear from the ones who dont or in this case with the youtube video the little online nutters who want to be a complete pain.

Clicked on one of the links before, "LaidbackRetroGamer" does seem like a nice bloke and his videos arent bad but i think hes got the wrong voice for youtube ! Does drone on a bit! (Not turning into one of the trolls !)

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:43 am

psj3809 wrote:In the video at the end mention you've turned comments off and say for any comments please post at ..... thread at the RG forum etc.
and then they all come on here and post their abuse - good plan :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:35 am

Bub&Bob wrote:
psj3809 wrote:In the video at the end mention you've turned comments off and say for any comments please post at ..... thread at the RG forum etc.
and then they all come on here and post their abuse - good plan :wink:
We got rid of Krusty, anyone else would be esy now.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

strictlysega

Post by strictlysega » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 am

We were on the receiving end of the same bullies and finally they are starting to ease off us.. I think what caused them to back off was the lack of reaction they got out of us.
Sadly our dear friend Ian announced he would be leaving youtube in a video he did and i think that just set them off as they feel they can get to him,, Any YouTubers please shed some support to Ian he is a clever man and has alot of love and good vibes to offer the community..
Sick of Angry Game Reviews? Well come on by and check out something a bit different http://www.youtube.com/user/strictlysega