Own made retro game song

Relive the glory days of gaming and take a walk down Nostalgia Lane via YouTube.

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Lossi

Own made retro game song

Post by Lossi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:35 am

Hey,

I kind of accidentally started creating a retro game style song and i would like to get some feedback.
I usually play different instruments alone at home and sometimes play with Bandlab to create some random songs, I started to write a new song playing random melodies with piano when i got this interesting melody which i continued and realized that it sounds like an oldschool game song. I then put it on Bandlab and started to really make a song from it, retro style. When it was finished, i thought it would be cool to put on youtube. I then started creating a video to the song by recording random game clips with snes emulator and here it is, completed.

I dont really play snes etc very old games since ''retro'' games for me come from N64, Gamecube and PS1/2 (are those considered as retro?) but i still like music from even older games.
I just created this account and im new here but i'd like to get some feedback and i thought this would be perfect place to get it.

I kind of started to like creating oldschool style game music and would be awesome to create it for real purpose (some indie game)

Please PM the user for the link as its his first post here

What do you think?

TheAlex

Re: Own made retro game song

Post by TheAlex » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Sounds good. I especially like the first 24 seconds.

Lossi

Re: Own made retro game song

Post by Lossi » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Hey,
Sorry for long reply but i agree, my favorite part is the beginning too haha. Thanks for the reply!
The beginning was the melody which i originally made with piano but the rest i made with computer.